+ ADD Ability to remember or show scale for saved patterns

tranquil_union

+ ADD Ability to remember or show scale for saved patterns

Post by tranquil_union »

Create an ability to see the scale a particular loop track is played in when it was recorded. I have changed the scale a couple of times to experiment, then couldn't remember several days later what scale I played a first instrument in, and needed to in order to get other new tracks to overlay and match.

Jesse

The scale and key is recorded

Post by Jesse »

The scale and key is recorded with the loop set, and when you load it should be restored automatically. Is this not the case for you?

tranquil_union

What I am saying is yes, The

Post by tranquil_union »

What I am saying is yes, The loops remember the scale they were played in when I load them. The problem is,... I DON'T and if I experiment with another scale type while playing to another loop played in a different scale and it'sounds off, unless I am a trained scale theorist how else can I find what scale a previously recorded loop was done with?

So my request is to have Thumbjam be able to tell me what each loop scale is played in. I would also like to be able to take an entire loop and have it play back in any of the other scales automatically without me having to re-record it. This would offer some interesting tools for music creation and learning.

Sorry if I was unclear before. If you could allow image uploads in the forum, I could photoshop a quick interface example that would be self explanatory.

Jesse

OK, understood. Displaying

Post by Jesse »

OK, understood. Displaying the scale and key in the loopset list and/or mixer is straightforward.

You should be able to upload images to a forum post, down in the File attachments link below the text entry, jpg, gif, png, etc.

tranquil_union

Jesse, I can see the original

Post by tranquil_union »

Jesse,
I can see the original scale the loop was recorded in now after a new one is loaded.

What about > Being able to change the scale of a recorded pattern?
Say,..I recorded the instrument originally with a Blues scale, and I have a button that lets me change the scale in real time to a different one?

So the pattern and instrument stay the same but the notes are remapped.
Does this idea make sense?