Piano roll?

Jose 36BZ

Piano roll?

Post by Jose 36BZ »

First of all I would just like to join the chorus of congratulations regarding this excellent application. It has easily the most intuitive and flexible musical interface I have found so far on the iPhone, the samples are excellent, and the copy/paste export of recorded loops to BeatMaker works seamlessly. Over the last week or so I have also really enjoyed importing synthesiser samples from Jasuto Pro to make whole new instruments (I am doing this via Wi-Fi, as I haven't figured out how Jasuto's copy/paste works just yet!).

Anyway, I was wondering if there was ever likely to be the possibility of including a simple "piano roll"-type sequencer in order to subtly edit recorded loops before export? I appreciate that there are other iPhone applications that do this, and that ThumbJam is geared towards "live" performance, but I just feel that with your ever-expanding sample library, and the aforementioned ability to create new instruments from imported samples, some basic sequencer feature would make ThumbJam the only instrument app I would ever need to use on the iPhone.

Thanks again for the great app and best wishes for any future developments.

Jose 36BZ

Thanks for the comments, guys

Post by Jose 36BZ »

Thanks for the comments, guys - glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in this possibility!

Slight update to the above - hemicube has kindly replied to my query over at the Jasuto forum and clarified the method for sampler export via Sonoma Audiocopy.

This means it is possible to build whole new synths in Jasuto Pro, and then copy across the samples to create new instruments to be played/looped in ThumbJam, without ever having to go outside the iPhone.

As someone who is old enough to remember how expensive even mediocre synthesisers were not so long ago I cannot overstate how impressed I am with this functionality.

On a mobile phone...!

For a combined cost of around $10...!!!!

Congratulations, once again, to both developers.

Jose