Sequencing loops

AltVader

Sequencing loops

Post by AltVader »

Jesse,

Unbelievably great iPhone app! Congratulations!

I may have missed this, but I decided to do a cover of Billie Jean just to test the limits of TJ. I did a nice six part loop in about 20 minutes, sounded great. Runs great, but then the big chord change. At that point I'd like a new set of loops, so I'm really seeking to sequence loops as I go through sections of a song. A few comments I've seen in the forum suggest it's possible, but I've overlooked it somehow. I'd like to do it entirely on the iPhone if possible. Can you suggest the way to do this? If it's not possible, well, that's my feature suggestion.

Hey, where'd you meet Jordan? I used to play in a band with him way back in high school in the '70s. He was great even then. Good times...

Dave

sluz

Have you tried the Looptastoc

Post by sluz »

Have you tried the Looptastoc Producer iPhone app? I haven't tried it yet but someone posted that it works like a charm. BTW - I LOVE Looptastic Producer. I purchased this app the moment I learned they were compatible.

AltVader

Hi Sluz, I purchased

Post by AltVader »

Hi Sluz,

I purchased Looptastic Producer for the iPhone after your suggestion. First, I should say it definitely is compatible with ThumbJam (TJ). You can audio paste from thumbjam into a Looptastic Producer (LP). LP gives you 3 zones: left, middle and right. There's a slider to determine which is playing: Left + center or right + center. With this, you can drag loops around in a way that allows loops to come in or go out, i.e. you can do chord changes or other transition effects all day long. LP remembers your performance, so you can save all your transition work into a single entity for playback. The app is very good at doing what I described. It works, it's intuitive, 5 minutes of learning the user interface and you're there.

The one thing I haven't yet figured out is how to take a LP performance and import it back into TJ, which would allow me to lay additional performance tracks on top of my LP track(s). Seems like there's a way, since you can open loops you created in TJ. It's like I want audio paste back the other way. If someone has figured this out, please comment here.

I'll say this: between the two apps I have tremendous power to create music. Now I want to write songs- in the past I always imagined having some crappy backup to my song, but now I can have a very professional band backing me up. Good enough to perform, share, sell etc. Great Stuff!

AltVader

Answered my own question. It

Post by AltVader »

Answered my own question. It turns out the Wi-Fi Transfer feature works great in both ThumbJam and Looptastic.

So:
1- create a loop in LoopTastic
2- go to More Menu, turn on Wi-Fi Transfer (you need a PC with wifi)
3- export the loop to your pc
4- go to thumbjam, prefs, wifi transfer
5- go to the page on your PC (the IP address TJ gives you, for me it's 192.168.1.4:8080
6- under Loops and loopsets, you can browse to the exported loop and upload

Results: you now have your Looptastic loop inside TJ. Time to add your insane wailing guitar! Then you can save the performance, load into LT, etc. You can layer forever this way, or split into loops for performance.