Christmas is coming and I have been a very good boy

mat

Christmas is coming and I have been a very good boy

Post by mat »

Dear Santa Klaus (or Jesse, who’s better as he's sending presents all year long!),

Christmas is coming, I thought I could sum up all of my own personal wish list in one post (mostly gathering stuff already mentioned in various “feature request” posts of mine) as I’ve been a very nice boy this year and heard that a new version is coming. The order means nothing at all and I added precisions or ideas on the go…

- Blow control (at least a vibrant live brass section and experimental synths effects would be benefiting from that one)

- Scale construction inside the app (on the go + editing and fine tuning...) and even naming the displayed notes to whatever you want (see the chord thingy below)

- Chord and 'string' input à la IShred (but the more I think of it the more I would like it to be still Thumbjam style with the current interface, using polyphony from a custom(custom) scale producing multiple notes based on chords constructed in the ‘scale’). What if with split screen you’d have the say left (or right) part commanding the right (or left) part content, am I clear? And you’d choose if one or the other part of the screen is muted acting as a selector a little bit as the key control works, or just have a customize key control that would summon different scales (your chords!!). The last one would be my favorite as long as you can really customize the ‘key’ (custom scales summoning) buttons to have them reflecting the scale they call.

-Delete safety/confirmation OR undo!

-Remote control WiFi transmission toggled to off at start up

-Finer span control: if I want just an extra higher note this doesn’t mean that I want an extra octave and smaller note zones!! That would be nice to have a setting somewhere to tune the octave/span buttons behavior (from one note to one octave or just a choice between both possibilities).

-Rewind loops for recording sake, though I reckon it could be bad on some occasions and a “go-to-two-bars-before-end” may be better… don’t know BUT waiting for the end of a 110 bars something (am I exaggerating?) to end before recording drives me nut sometimes…

-Direct mixer menu mixdown feature, already mentioned and quite straightforward, I mean the way it could work, not the implementation of course ;) You tick or highlight the loops you want to merge, push the merge/mixdown/Bounce button and Kaboom they merge!

-'Velocity' sensing a la Igog.

-Multiple samples on one single pad. Especially useful for one shot instrument where something like two to five samples would be great (drums not machine gunning anymore), but I guess the same would be just perfect for any instrument with a choice somewhere in the sample menu for 'random', 'x-axis' or 'sequential' sample change when a note is played.

That's "all" I can think of at the moment,I’m sure I forgot some things I wanted… but that’ll do for now… ; )

Thanks Jesse again and again as usual for this wonderful musical instrument you’ve given to us, after months of use I’m still amazed and play it daily. Kudos to you for all the improvements you made and are still making!

Your faithful customer (who have been a very nice boy all year long, did I already mention that?).

Mat

inrock

Thank you, Mat and I remember

Post by inrock »

Thank you, Mat

and I remember Jesse told me...

"One day I will add a loop sequencing interface so you can build a composition with multiple parts and control when they come in."

I hope "one day" is this Christmas. :)

Another good boy.

inrock

Santa Klause is "NOT" coming

Post by inrock »

Santa Klause is "NOT" coming to town?

Jesse

Santa will be late.

Post by Jesse »

Santa will be late.

inrock

Oh No...

Post by inrock »

Oh No...

mat

Hi Inrock, Hi Jesse, No

Post by mat »

Hi Inrock, Hi Jesse,

No worries: better late than never. Plus I know our personal sonic Santa (aka Jesse) tends to have the load of presents heavier when allowed to spend the necessary time.

As I just wrote, late Santa is better than no Santa, we're a bunch of spoiled children and we are really demanding. But when I just look at the new features we had the last times ThumbJam was updated and what we can do now, I just dream AND wait.

Just in case Jesse didn't know. *Remember*:I have been a very nice boy and I'm pretty sure Inrock too.

Merry Christmas everyone