Arpeggio playing and custom scale building

mat

Arpeggio playing and custom scale building

Post by mat »

Hi folks,

two things I was thinking of:

First, I'm enjoying playing in arpeggios using the trick I learned for Inrock, that is using Edit/sample/time interval setting to enjoy an automatically regular tempo while dragging my finger in the display (just look on YouTube for videos made by Inrock (spelled Inrockk on YouTube if I'm correct) such as the excellent 'Just can't get enough' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ0Q_9sK4NA ) or the now famous Auto Arpeggio one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IByvXqk8qm0 )). BUT I would like to be able to match a certain tempo, couldn't we have a dedicated tool in the Edit/Sample menu in or near the time interval to have "auto tempo matching" or calculations or something (just thinking out loud, I don't really know the implications in terms of what are the drivers of retrigger time interval in relation to a specific tempo...).

Second, on the custom in app scale making feature I would really love to have: I was thinking of an interface possibility: a full chromatic scale would be displayed (or any of the existing in app scales by the way...) and you add or suppress steps automatically (obviously adding would be the most interesting to do automatically), as well as manually fine tune each note / whole scale and suppress individual notes. The point is: when I sing something out of the blue in my head, I try to find the notes on ThumbJam, and that would be where I'll like to be able to construct my song's specific scale. Fine tunning would from that point allow for unexpected things to come musically from the scale construction itself...

Don't know if this makes sense,is clear or clearly enough expressed... I hope so.

Cheers

Mat

Jesse

Yes, I think I will have

Post by Jesse »

Yes, I think I will have tempo-match option, and it will let you pick 1/32. 1/16, 1/8, etc instead of specifying the time directly. Some work will have to go in to making it precise as well.

As for the custom scale editor, you have described pretty much exactly what I intend to implement.

inrock

Oh, That's nice!! I can't

Post by inrock »

Oh, That's nice!!

I can't wait.

mat

Great news! By the way: my

Post by mat »

Great news!

By the way: my son bought ThumbJam with his pocket money a few days ago and entered the tribe of those that can't wait for updates!