Blow control, Scale creation, Chords the Ishred way...

mat

Blow control, Scale creation, Chords the Ishred way...

Post by mat »

Hi folks,

thanks to Jesse for this awsome app, congrats for making it to the top 100.

Here is a (hopefully small) list of features I'll love to have in thumbjam which is becoming increasingly a central piece in my music making on Ipod (esp. since the audio copy paste came in).

- Blow control (imagine the brass section + would be great as an unusual input for most instruments + with the forthcoming OSC control, my gosh!) (OK Jesse, I mentioned this one before in a feedback email, but I learned my lesson and use the forum now!).
- Scale construction inside the app (on the go + editing and fine tuning...)
- Chord and 'string' input à la IShred (with all the other features inside Thumbjam, with proper communication on the right channels you'll get every advanced IShred user buying TJ fast (if they haven't done so already...)! + same comment as above on the OSC output with such feature (I currently use AG7 for that with extremely interesting results but TJ could top it too quite easily I guess)
- A manual or in-app help will soon be needed, since I bought the app some times ago, it became crowded with new crazy options everywhere, all of them great but I keep discovering some almost every day! (or maybe is there a manual and/or in-app help I'm missing the same way?)
- If OSC is on it's way, can you think about PC users (without OSCulator and any money for fancy stuff outside of PureData which I just can't get to produce MIDI note out (while sliders, XY and rotary work just great!) with OSC touch, damit!) and consider direct MIDI output with DSMidiWifi which works great (I'm using it with AG7 to date and it's WORKING, even for a dumbhead like me...)

That's it for now, thanks again to Jesse for this inspiring app!

Mat

Jesse

All of your feature requests

Post by Jesse »

All of your feature requests are good, and all of them will likely make it in at some point.

An online manual should make it in for the next release.

I hadn't heard of DSMidiWifi (now DSMI), it looks very interesting! Definitely taking a look at that.

mat

Thanks Jesse for your answer

Post by mat »

Thanks Jesse for your answer (as well as its promising content!!).

In addition to how cool it is for music enthusiasts to benefit from PCs, Iphone/pods and the like technology and astounding software like Thumbjam, I guess we should also be glad to live in an era of direct conversation between producers and users, I certainly am!

Cheers and Kudos again for your work

Mat

Jesse

DSMI works great, thanks for

Post by Jesse »

DSMI works great, thanks for the tip!
Expect it in the next release.

mat

Great news, Thanks!

Post by mat »

Great news, Thanks!