Saving loop key/scale info

tvaughn

Saving loop key/scale info

Post by tvaughn »

When loading a saved loop, it's sometimes difficult to know what key and/or scale it was recorded in.
Would be nice to have ThumbJam default back to those parameters when a loop loads OR when saving a loop maybe using a file naming system that would allow the user the option of saving as: key.scale. I realize naming can be done manually now but would be even better if it would default to this each time a loop is saved in addition to date and time.

Jesse

Agreed, restoring the

Post by Jesse »

Agreed, restoring the key/scale of a loaded loop set is already on the TODO list. Of course you might have been changing the key while recording the loop, or have loops in different keys/scales... it will just default to the key/scale when the master loop was created. Putting it in the default name might make it a bit too long, I think (scale names can be).

soundog

Related to this .... is there

Post by soundog »

Related to this .... is there any way currently to play the loop without effects (just play the raw audio file)? As an example, can I load in a recorded drum or bass loop while the Electric Guitar is loaded, and jam along to the loop without the guitar fx applied to the loop? Ideally, user could turn the fx off on the loop, perhaps in the mixer?

Jesse

The only FX that is global

Post by Jesse »

The only FX that is global right now is reverb, so only that would affect the imported loop. But yes, what I need to add is a reverb send control from each loop, so that you can adjust the amount of it sent into the master FX bus. That control would be in the mixer, yes.

This won't be in the next update, but probably the following one.