IO library or Audiopaste

jeezs

IO library or Audiopaste

Post by jeezs »

Hello,

Thanks for creating ThumbJam this is the most amazing and usable audio application I've ever seen on the iPhone.
Just a little question to know if it is possible to add support for the IO library or AudioPaste or better both.
These technologies allows iPhone application to share the data .

Regards

Jean-Eric

Jesse

Yes, there will likely be

Post by Jesse »

Yes, there will likely be support for both in an upcoming release. Thanks for suggesting it!

chrisand

regarding ioLibrary you may

Post by chrisand »

regarding ioLibrary you may have difficulty with Apple accepting this. Have you seen this article?:

http://patternmusic.com/wordpress/2009/ ... er-access/

Evidently, the problem is that Apple is starting to refuse apps that use the DCIM folder to transfer files?

I've noticed that the latest updates for Amidio's Piano Pro and Guitar Pro are described as 'removing ioLibrary cross-app functionality'. (You won't be surprised when I say that I haven't updated these apps)

ioLibrary is one of the best things about music-making on the iPhone/Touch. I know I'd be devastated if it went away...

Jesse

Damn, I hadn't seen that, but

Post by Jesse »

Damn, I hadn't seen that, but I'd always wondered about the "legality" of it. I guess I'll disable it... sigh.

chrisand

Don't give in! Keep checking

Post by chrisand »

Don't give in! Keep checking out the Amidio website. Amidio's reply when someone first noticed the blog I quoted was:

"Please do not raise panic. That guy from PatternMusic understood all wrong and started making unnecessary fuss about it. Everything will be fine"

Now, in Amidio's forums people have started to kick up a fuss about their apparent 'downgrade' of Piano Pro and Guitar Pro.

I suppose you could try and get ioLibrary in while you still can?

I haven't heard of Audiopaste by the way - what's that?

Jesse

Since I will only be doing

Post by Jesse »

Since I will only be doing reading from ioLibrary and not writing, I might be OK. Or I might just make it an easter egg feature.

AudioCopy/Paste is from Sonoma Wireworks, check it out here: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/partners/

I'm already in contact with them about their API.

chrisand

Just noticed that the updates

Post by chrisand »

Just noticed that the updates to Guitar and Piano Pro have now gone from the app store so maybe it's ok after all... Looking at Amidio's forums it seems that those who updated the apps are stuck without iolibrary in them, whatever they do - wierd! Anyway hope you can get it into TJ.

chrisand

...and these 'updates' for

Post by chrisand »

...and these 'updates' for Guitar Pro and Star Guitar are back in the app store again! Any news on the iolibrary front, Jesse?

Jesse

What news do you want to

Post by Jesse »

What news do you want to hear? I've already implemented support for importing audio from the ioLibrary to use as samples when creating a new instrument in the app. I will also go ahead and support it for loading of loops too. But, I am hesitant to include them in the update for the reasons above, at least overtly.

My current leaning is to put in a backdoor that will enable the feature, but not reveal the method until after it goes live. Too paranoid?

Jesse

Sadly, it looks like

Post by Jesse »

Sadly, it looks like ioLibrary is forbidden by apple.

http://amidio.com/index.php/iolibrary/a ... le-request

I really don't see what they see as the danger for this one, why go to such great lengths to prevent inter-app collaboration? There must be a good place to register a complaint with Apple.