MIDI

matimaui

MIDI

Post by matimaui »

it would be the greatest thing since the iphone came out if this app could transmit wireless midi like the ITM MidiLab does.
is it too much to ask?

Capt

Midi clock, slave/master,

Post by Capt »

Midi clock, slave/master, start/stop.

Shoot, put some other controls in there also. :-)

caseyjamesbasichis

I second the OSC notion... I

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

I second the OSC notion... I would love to have use this app as a serious tool in my DAW setup... It would definitely bump me into getting an ipad -- which I have been reluctant to do

Jesse

Just to keep this ball

Post by Jesse »

Just to keep this ball rolling, what kind of OSC interface would you folks like to see? Basic MIDI-over-OSC for easy grabbing of notes and pitchbend? Something more advanced?

caseyjamesbasichis

I would only be concerned

I would only be concerned with getting the note out and all of the performable sensors slotted into cc's.

Noteout - only, would be acceptable if, say, there is a bandwith limitation... Its just such a great performance tool and for some many types a phrases, a better tool than a piano.

Jesse

Well, I accidentally

Post by Jesse »

Well, I accidentally implemented OSC output support last night :) Still need to get all the modulations in there and add a GUI to specify host/port and options.....

caseyjamesbasichis

Accidentally huh? Well Ill

Accidentally huh? Well Ill let it slide this time :)

Can't wait!

Also if you have a chance, feel free to check out Adventure Time with Fin and Jake, tonight at 8pm on Cartoon Network. I compose the music and am sure I will be using thumb jam regularly with osc.

caseyjamesbasichis

Hey, I was just curious if

Hey,

I was just curious if you had an estimate on when an update with the osc feature might be on the way. I don't mean to rush you. I am holding off on buying the ipad until i need to and this would definitely satisfy that need. If it isn't coming in the next month or so, that would be very helpful to know

Thanks,
Casey

cassiano

I bought the ipad mostly to

Post by cassiano »

I bought the ipad mostly to use it with TJ (actually typing through it now:), now I know an iPad version is in the works.

The only thing missing really is the Midi support. If I could use it wirelessly as a controller for Logic or Garageband, it would be perfect.

Congrats to Jesse for an awesome app, keep up the great work.

Jesse

Yep, MIDI (via DSMI) and OSC

Post by Jesse »

Yep, MIDI (via DSMI) and OSC live output is working well here, especially if you create the wifi network on the mac as an adhoc network (very easy) instead of going through a wireless router. It's pretty fun :)

I really am trying to wrap it all up.... just a bit more patience.....