Portrait/ landscape mode on ipad

Bristles

Portrait/ landscape mode on ipad

Post by Bristles »

Don't know if this has been discussed but it might be a nice way to play and take advantage of the screen size.

Thanks in advance

Jesse

Would you keep the note range

Post by Jesse »

Would you keep the note range along the long dimension, just rotate all the buttons, menus and text? That's probably doable.

Bristles

That's a start but I was

Post by Bristles »

That's a start but I was thinking of everything rotating.

Jesse

You see a benefit to having

Post by Jesse »

You see a benefit to having the short dimension control the pitch? I can understand wanting to change the orientation of your hand for playing purposes, but not really reducing the space you have to control pitch. I suppose it does give you more space to modulate the other things like pan/volume, etc.

Bristles

Right, the iPad held

Post by Bristles »

Right, the iPad held horizontally will still give plenty of space for pitch mod and more room to control pan. I don't know, it may provide a nice layout while looping to easier reach the play and pause button or for some of the other feature requests which may make their way into TJ. I'm no developer so I don't know what kind of work my request would require. If you don't see the benefit outweighing the work then don't bother. Tj is still amazing as is.

Jesse

I can see the benefit if I

Post by Jesse »

I can see the benefit if I exposed some more controls all the time to fill up some of the side area when in landscape. Thanks for the suggestion....

caseyjamesbasichis

If a piano roll type editor,

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

If a piano roll type editor, for correcting performances is on the way i could see the horizontal orientation working well for that.

Also, depending on how ThumbJam streams samples, or if it loads them into the minimal ram (I have some 70mb and even 120 mb samplesSets) -- it would be cool to see 4 horizontal keyboards each with a different instrument loaded, each recording to its own loop. This could be interesting for a string quartet; not for playing chords awkwardly with four fingers, but for quickly tossing parts between the instruments in a single record pass.

This could also be useful for loading multiple articulations of one instrument -- Arco, Pizzicato, Staccato and Trills etc

As a side note, for the corrective editing on the piano roll, this video is the holy grail of piano roll editing. I would love to see something like this were all parts are visible simultaneously -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3e15IcoCY