Quick Select Button/feature for live sets

yrag

Quick Select Button/feature for live sets

Post by yrag »

Jesse—as always this is just a great app!

What I would like to suggest, at least for the iPad (as I have an iPad, but also because it has more room for buttons and fly out menus) is a Quick Select Button/feature for live sets.

Many keyboards and effects boxes have this--where you call up a list with the name of the song say, and the right instrument with the right scales, effects, tempos, loops etc, just load up within the patch.

A separate dedicated button with one's own full set of songs would make ThumbJam fully perfect for live performances.

Tronlady

Re: Quick Select Button/feature for live sets

Post by Tronlady »

yrag wrote:Jesse—as always this is just a great app!

What I would like to suggest, at least for the iPad (as I have an iPad, but also because it has more room for buttons and fly out menus) is a Quick Select Button/feature for live sets.

Many keyboards and effects boxes have this--where you call up a list with the name of the song say, and the right instrument with the right scales, effects, tempos, loops etc, just load up within the patch.

A separate dedicated button with one's own full set of songs would make ThumbJam fully perfect for live performances.
i agree. Definitely at least some bank and patch up and down buttons rather than pressing EDIT, CHANGE INSTRUMENT and SCROLLING TO THE ONE YOU WANT. Numbering the sounds would be helpful as when programming I have to count to see which number the sound is......

It’s such a shame as the sounds are better than anything on my hardware synths!! I really don’t want to buy yet another iPad app when the sounds on thumbjam are perfect for me. Using them as live patches however, will involve a TON of work (saving 43 user patches) when I should just be learning the songs....