All user created instruments gone

aroth711

All user created instruments gone

Post by aroth711 »

Don't know how it happened, did nothing special/different/new, but suddenly all my user created instruments are not accessible anymore. They still are shown, but when I load one, there is either no sound ore the sound of the last of the default TJ instruments I played. When I go to edit/sample/sampleset, "Recorded" is empty, so all samples I used to build my own instruments seem to be gone and that's why the instruments are still shown but don't sound. I already closed all apps and restarted the device (Ipad 2), but that didn't help. Any advice on this?

Jesse

OK, you can verify if the

Post by Jesse »

OK, you can verify if the data is really gone by turning on wifi transfer, go to the address shown from your computer, and then adding this to the end of the URL: /RecordedSamples/

You should see a listing of directories ending in .sampledir if you're lucky.

If nothing is there, then I will certainly look into what kind of bug could have deleted it, but I have some suspects. Have you been syncing your device to your computer or via iCloud? If so, your data should be backed up, and a restore could get it back, but do it soon....

So sorry about that!

aroth711

Thanks for your quick

Post by aroth711 »

Thanks for your quick response!

I followed your advice accessing the /RecordedSamples/ Folder via WiFi and found that the sample subdirectories with the data are still there, but "Recorded Instruments (SampleSets)" on the main configuration Page is empty. I have been thinking about what I did and the only thing that came to my mind was that I downloaded zipped instruments files with Safari directly into TJ. Could that have been the cause and is there anything more I can do?