In-App Purchase doesn't work - how to purchase manually?

JamFan02

In-App Purchase doesn't work - how to purchase manually?

Post by JamFan02 »

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 I can't do any In-App Purchases. I already contacted Samsung but no working solution has been found so far. Is it possible to pay outside the tablet? I'd like to pay via PayPal. Really need your app because the sound quality is outstanding! The app works very well in Marshmallow, no lags. I'm impressed!

Jesse

Re: In-App Purchase doesn't work - how to purchase manually?

Post by Jesse »

I'm trying to figure out the reason for the issue as well. I'll let you know when I have a solution... I don't have a back-door in place to unlock it in the meantime. Sorry!

JamFan02

Post by JamFan02 »

Success! Just figured it out: Soundcamp needs to be installed, then IAP works (I started ThumbJam within Soundcamp and bought your app). Even Samsung did not tell me that Soundcamp needs to be installed.
If only you could use audio apps playing sound together with bluetooth (I want the sound to be played over my bluetooth speaker). YouTube works, but playing sound using audio apps like ThumbJam and Soundcamp over bluetooth - no cigar. USB-MIDI works flawlessly with my Casio PX-5S (using an adapter), even the sustain pedal works. Looking forward to receiving my Korg Microkey MK2 soon, then it will be really portable (compared to the PX-5S and fully usable e.g. with piano sounds.

Oh, btw, do you plan to make vibrato, tremolo and volume assignable to keys/buttons when using keyboards? That would be great because shaking my tablet while playing does not handle well when you want to have the afore-mentioned options.

Other than that: Thank you, Jesse, for your great app! It really makes a difference!

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Great, I will tell others having issues what worked for you, although I don't understand why that would make difference!

Volume can be adjusted using the standard midi CC 7 or 11, but the vibrato and tremolo features are manual only, there is no auto-LFO version of that in the app..

JamFan02

Post by JamFan02 »

Thanks for your repoly! Do you plan making ThumbJam available to all Android users (or at least those with Marshmallow installed)? I have a Google Nexus 7 (version 2013), put a few sound apps supporting MIDI on it, and, lo and behold, that thing sounds much better (more powerful speakers), shows less drop-outs, crackles and less lag than my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, even if the latter's hardware is much more powerful. I'm not surprised because Google provides a much cleaner Android for their gadgets. Looks like Samsung needs to work on its software and drivers - that's what you get when, feature-wise, you throw everything but the kitchen sink at customers. I'm disappointed in Samsung. Maybe I'll return the tablet.

If you need a guy for testing ThumbJam on the Nexus 7, I'll gladly help you out. And again, thank you for providing such a nice app. More Android fans should be able to have ThumbJam on their devices!