Possible to set MIDI output for a recorded track?

ThatAdamGuy

Possible to set MIDI output for a recorded track?

Post by ThatAdamGuy »

Hi there,

Was excited to discover and buy your app today, but am having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around all the awesomeness.

Two things which are confusing me:
1) I used my MIDI keyboard (actually, a Roland LX-17 - highly recommended!) to record a track (I guess that's called a loop?) via Bluetooth MIDI, and I'd now like to play it back to the same keyboard via MIDI out... but I can't figure out how to change it from an internal instrument to an external instrument. Is this possible to do?
2) Is it possible to make a 'hybrid' song w/ ThumbJam... that is, some tracks recorded on and output to my external MIDI keyboard (as mentioned above) AND some tracks input from my MIDI keyboard but using the internal ThumbJam voices?
3) If #2 is possible, can I also use the cool shake / tilt motions to *adjust* the recorded track (sadly, my LX-17 doesn't have aftertouch or a pitchbend wheel!)? As a classically-trained musician, I still find it a lot easier to play on a keyboard (real or onscreen).

Thanks so much in advance for the guidance!

Jesse

Re: Possible to set MIDI output for a recorded track?

Post by Jesse »

No, ThumbJam doesn't have loop recording midi playback (it isn't a midi looper, it records and plays back audio). It does allow you to record the loops as midi for export to other apps, however... it can be enabled in Prefs->Midi Control, and exported in Prefs->Import/Export. Your best bet for that kind of functionality is probably one of the DAW apps like Cubasis, Auria Pro, or one of several others. ThumbJam can be loaded into a track via IAA and used as a sound source, or you can send the midi output directly into one of those apps for sequence recording there.

Sorry about that!

ThatAdamGuy

Re: Possible to set MIDI output for a recorded track?

Post by ThatAdamGuy »

Aw, bummer :\. I guess I should have posted this before buying, right? :p With that said, given what a cool program you've made and how thoughtful you are in your quick support, I'm happy to have supported your project.