MMC midi messages

mtyas

MMC midi messages

Post by mtyas »

Hi
I've started to make myself a controller using an ipad1, so that I can have quick program changes and mainly to have a bigger Record Button (In concert situation, I keep on missing it, and playing notes instead).

I'm using midi designer pro, and have managed to understand the program changes. It's very useful and works well. But I'm unable to get the mmc record message to function
I'm sending it in sysex format (f0 7f 7f 06 06 f7) but it only activates record for a tiny millisecond, I see it go red and then go back.

I've looked around this forum (and elsewhere) trying to find how to do it, and I haven't been in luck

Somewhere you say that TJ would need real midi binding. Would that mean that TJ would have some kind of midi learn feature for all controls. If so it would be fantastic.

Thanks for such an amazing app, and all the updates you've given us (TJ is amazingly rich in functionality, but you always find great things to add)

mtyas

Oh, and I would love to be

Post by mtyas »

Oh, and I would love to be able to control the volume of each recorded track via midi too, even if I don't know how it could be implemented.

Thanks

Matt

Jesse

That MMC record only working

Post by Jesse »

That MMC record only working for tiny second may be a bug. The next version is coming out soon and I have definitely tested it...

As for "real" configurable midi bindings, it is still on my list, but will wait for the following update. Once that is in, stuff like controlling loop levels will be possible.

mtyas

Thanks Jesse for the

Post by mtyas »

Thanks Jesse for the reply
Can't wait for the update now ! :)
Thanks again