Request: Clean Electric guitar

gizmoismogwai

Request: Clean Electric guitar

Post by gizmoismogwai »

Would be so awesome to be able to have some clean guitar sounds to mess around with. Sometimes the electric guitar sound is a bit much for the idea i'm trying to get down. If I had the facilities to do so I'd totally record it but sadly I lack them. Maybe someone else could!

A tele through an AC30 would be such a great sound to have to mess with! imagine adding a little slapback delay to that!

Jesse

Your request is noted, I have

Post by Jesse »

Your request is noted, I have some clean guitar samples but am not totally happy with them.... I'll definitely revisit that.

ElectricAlienCat

I'll be working on this

Post by ElectricAlienCat »

I'll be working on this shortly, might have something whipped up by this weekend, stay tuned!

gizmoismogwai

That sounds fantastic thank

Post by gizmoismogwai »

That sounds fantastic thank you guys for listening to my request!

Jesse

Heh, that style of that clean

Post by Jesse »

Heh, that style of that clean demo almost makes it sound like a chapman stick.... like tapping instead of a pick attack. With distortion it obviously sounds much better. Since TJ has no distortion built-in, obviously making a suite of dirty incarnations from a good clean sample baseline is the way to go.

WiFiJammer

The second sample absolutely

Post by WiFiJammer »

The second sample absolutely rocks!! Can the files be posted for download or sent to Jesse to be made available from within TJ?

ElectricAlienCat

I could make that preset

I could make that preset distortion sound permanently applied to the clean sample for use in TJ (any copyright issues there?), though I suspect it wouldn't sound nearly as good as the plugin applied to the clean sample. Yeah it does sound like tapping!

If only I could add a few nuances (eg. multiple samples of the same note) to make it sound less artificial, that would truly rock!

Jesse

Yeah, I plan to add sample

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, I plan to add sample randomization/cycling sometime in the future. I think just including multiple different samples with the same base note would be all that was necessary from the sample side of things... then I just need to implement the random/sequential picking.

ElectricAlienCat

Sounds good, can't wait to

Sounds good, can't wait to test that out.

ElectricAlienCat

Okay so I've just recorded a

Okay so I've just recorded a '75 Fender Strat clean, though the guitar is a little beat up but tone still great. Had to do major noise reduction to each recorded sample due to the loud buzzing (probably from the rusty pickups).

Here is a sample recorded in TJ, the 2nd one is the clean sound with PodFarm2 as vst plugin applied using the 'Ubertread+Dual' preset for a Steve Vai like sound.