Harp and Tabla now available

Jesse

Harp and Tabla now available

Post by Jesse »

Released two new instruments last night for in-app download:

Harp - Lyon and Healy Prelude 38 string lever harp

Tabla - a large collection of tabla samples recorded by the UK band Reactor, and performed by Ravi Majevadia. Two patches are included, one using about 30 samples, the other using about 80!
They are available for free at http://www.realfeel.freeuk.com/samples.htm along with some others (which I might integrate into TJ instruments also).

Enjoy!

mat

The two new instruments are

Post by mat »

The two new instruments are great. The harp is really good and just like the hammered dulcimer, suits well ThumbJam's interface. One thing though, on some of the lower notes the harp is kind of noisy which struck me as it is very unusual in TJ... Thanks for this release anyway, it will be used!

Jesse

You mean low level hiss-like

Post by Jesse »

You mean low level hiss-like noise? Yeah, the harp didn't project particularly well on the low notes so I had to boost the gain a bit more in post-processing. It also doesn't help that the noise is additive on the long sustains of multiple notes.

mat

That's exactly it. The hiss

Post by mat »

That's exactly it. The hiss is particularly noticeable when you play a long series of notes from high to low (kind of things you tend to do with a harp...). When the higher notes fades, the noisier low ones reveal their hissing and it is strikingly noisy over other ThumbJam instruments which are nearly all noiseless. Makes me kind of pushing the sustain on and off to silence the harp's remaining hiss every time. Not a big deal though. Thanks again for taking time to release new instruments (the in app notification is great in that regard, by the way).

raketemensch

It looks like the site is

Post by raketemensch »

It looks like the site is down, does anyone have these somewhere they could repost? I have some web space to host them, if someone can get them to me....

Jesse

Oh, it does look like the

Post by Jesse »

Oh, it does look like the Reactor's site with their raw recorded samples appears to be down.... I only pulled some of what they had before. What were you interested in?

raketemensch

Both the Table and the Harp.

Post by raketemensch »

Both the Table and the Harp. Especially the harp. Or the tabla ;]

Jesse

Ah, I think there is some

Post by Jesse »

Ah, I think there is some confusion about ThumbJam's downloadable instruments. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you go in the app, Sound-> Download Samples and find the large number of additional instruments and loops available to download right there including the harp and tabla.

The link above was just a reference to the place I found the tabla samples, nothing more.

raketemensch

Oh. Oh my. Many thanks :]

Post by raketemensch »

Oh. Oh my.

Many thanks :]