MIDI Import

Darwave VanityVania

MIDI Import

Post by Darwave VanityVania »

I currently use both Music Studio 2 and Nanostudio as my main compositional and recording tools for my music. In Music Studio 2 as well as many other midi based sequencers I can open in or import midi files into the app and swap out samples of sound banks. As much as I love the apps, the string samples are not very pro sounding, more akin to a cheap RadioShack bought Casio synth built in sound banks, and I utilize strings more than anything. I love the samples in thumbjam but it really needs an actual midi import option rather than just an export option. If I export midi then I am limited to using the sounds or samples through those specific apps, but feel the banks are bar none in thumbjam. In the next update, there needs to be a midi import option, not just audio. That way I can can continue to write my music in MS2 or NS and then import the midi to record the tracks/loops with thumbjam's superior sound banks. PLEASE!!! We need a dedicated midi import option.

Jesse

You can use Audiobus and

Post by Jesse »

You can use Audiobus and virtual MIDI to have your sequencer send the MIDI in realtime to ThumbJam's MIDI inputs, having placed ThumbJam in the Input slot in Audiobus, and your sequencer/DAW in the Output Slot. I believe Music Studio has that capability. That way the sequence midi is feeding ThumbJam, and the output from TJ is going through audiobus back into an audio track set to record in your sequencer/DAW.

Alternatively, you could just send the MIDI live to ThumbJam and have it set up to do a session record in TJ, later exporting that file to your DAW.

Darwave VanityVania

Yeah, I finally figured out

Post by Darwave VanityVania »

Yeah, I finally figured out how to set up virtual midi through the two apps using audiobus into DAW. The only thing I'm not too big of a fan of virtual midi is the nature of it doesn't seem work to well with larger projects(at least to my rather inexperience with it) . I found a workaround but it was anything but ideal. However, I was able to finally figure it out for smaller tracked projects then importing via audio copy/paste to the larger "hub" project.