Layering two sounds

Scott Murrell

Layering two sounds

Post by Scott Murrell »

It may not be possible with the memory constraints of the iPad but if we could layer two sounds together and save that as a patch that would be pretty cool. I looked in the user's guide (I also wish that there was a picture of the buttons to go with the reason they're there) and didn't see a layering function. I did see the button that has a "1" or a "2" on it but that placed the sound in a split screen (again pretty cool!) but not layered.
Thanks,Scott

Jesse

That is a cool idea, I almost

Post by Jesse »

That is a cool idea, I almost put that in but decided against it for reasons unknown. I'll definitely put that back on the list.

Scott Murrell

Thanks a lot....this is

Post by Scott Murrell »

Thanks a lot....this is great!

murdockscott

Adding my support for this

Post by murdockscott »

Adding my support for this feature... I have been looking for a way to do it in the app for a while and assumed I was missing something. I am trying to layer a choir and b3 to recreate a song I used to perform in the 80's using 2 tons of gear. I have managed to do it via virtual midi but feel like having both sounds come from TJ would be better and offer superior control. To me it seems natural to want to control the volumes, effects, vibrato, and other aspects of the mix of two sounds by sliding fingers along the touch surface. Also, in a related request I would like to see the ability to set the max value of each parameter range to the top or even invert it for the individual sounds as opposed to it being fixed in the middle as it seems to be now (I get this for the iPhone but I doubt I will use TJ with my iPhone as much as my iPad and having the flexibility with the bigger surface would be nice).

This is my first post and I am still exploring, so hopefully I haven't overlooked a way to do these things. Overall I freakin' love this app and I fully expect it to change the way I make music. Thanks.

murdockscott

I just noticed that the

Post by murdockscott »

I just noticed that the filter works in the fashion I mentioned above, with the max value at the top (right in portrait). Perhaps it's just volume that's oriented to the center of the screen. But if you we're creating instruments that cross faded between two sample sets having control over this would be the first order of business. I hope I am making sense. Heh. Thanks again, having a great deal of fun with TJ.

Jesse

Yes, volume is the strange

Post by Jesse »

Yes, volume is the strange one, being loudest at the center and quiet toward the edges. I've had a lot of requests for full width options and it does make sense to add them. The split screen case might need to be addressed separately. Your idea about using a new stacked mode but having the volumes acting in reverse directions to get a crossfade effect is great!