Trouble plasting drum loops from Nanostudio

vincentlepes

Trouble plasting drum loops from Nanostudio

Post by vincentlepes »

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting pasted audio to sync up in ThumbJam. I recorded some drums in Nanostudio, set the loop length to four bars, mixdown to loop length with copy to pasteboard checked. Then I go into Thumbjam to add the drum part by pasting it in with load pasted loop on (add to). The drums never come in on 1, are out of sync and end early without looping. Has anyone had success with this that can point me in the right direction?

The loop plays correctly in NS, and I matched the tempos before recording, but as soon as I paste into TJ it's out of sync and has space around it instead of repeating. I love ThumbJam, but I prefer the drum sounds in Nano...I just can't get them to sync up so I can layer other parts over in TJ. Any ideas?

Jesse

Have you tried putting the

Post by Jesse »

Have you tried putting the drum loops in first (as the first loop in TJ)? Then, start layering your stuff in TJ.

If you plan on importing and exporting loops in/out of TJ you should also be using Quantize Start loop option, so the actual file contents are all synced with each other. With quantize start off, TJ keeps track of the offsets and can deal with it, but the audio in the files will not sync up if you just blindly export them.

vincentlepes

I tried starting with the

Post by vincentlepes »

I tried starting with the Nanostudio loop first and it worked out, with a little extra at the end. My other issue was "render tail" being checked in NS. I'll just deal with starting with drums each time, I'd prefer the flexibility of being able to start in thumbjam sometimes but oh well. Thanks for your suggestion, it did the trick.