Chords - is there a simple way to make them?

Grim Richard

Chords - is there a simple way to make them?

Post by Grim Richard »

My fingers are too big to play chords in this app by using the scale screen. Is there another way to do it?

Jesse

Not yet, but special chording

Post by Jesse »

Not yet, but special chording features are planned for a future version. In the meantime, you can try reducing the octave span to make the note areas larger.

AltVader

Another approach: set the

Post by AltVader »

Another approach: set the scale to a chord. You can then play the chord easily. It won't work for live performances, but works pretty well for mixing. Do your entire chord progression that way, drop the chords into your mix and you're good to go. For performance, I'd output the chord progression from your mixing software to .wav, import into TJ, and play it in the background while you focus on your rocking solo!

jorgren

Richard, set the Span so

Post by jorgren »

Richard, set the Span so there are fewer notes on the screen. My fat fingers appreciate it when I do that. :-)

gizmoismogwai

Hey Jesse, Not sure how far

Post by gizmoismogwai »

Hey Jesse,

Not sure how far along you are with putting a chord function into the app but I have an idea that is based on a trick I'm currently using.

For now, for those who wish to play chords easier... set the scale to a chord, then zoom into the notes as much as possible. then open up the key controls. then open up the menu that lets you switch keys. so you can keep playing chords with one hand and changing key with another. this is not a perfect fix because you're only able to do it with one chord type at a time but it might help some people.

so my idea for a chord function is based on the idea of changing keys you already have. imagine if under "Chords" in the Scale selection menu you were able to choose "Major Scale Chords" or "Minor Scale Chords". This would arrange the notes the way any of the other "chord" scales do but perhaps you could implement a new menu that opens up and possible looks just like the key selection menu that has each of the chords that falls into the selected key you chose. A chord palette, if you will. So I'd be able to keep playing chords with one hand but be able to change between the different chords of that key.

does that make sense?

inrock

I uploaded ThumbJam video

Post by inrock »

I uploaded ThumbJam video using auto arpeggio based on a trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IByvXqk8qm0

Jesse

Great video! Nice use of the

Post by Jesse »

Great video! Nice use of the chord scales and the retrigger time interval....

inrock

Hi! Jesse. Can you make

Post by inrock »

Hi! Jesse.
Can you make retrigger time interval longer to make slower arpeggio.
And it will be nice if I can choose minor or 7 chord in the "Key Controls" menu.
Thank you..