Workflow question / problem re: presets and multis

ckbarlow

Workflow question / problem re: presets and multis

Post by ckbarlow »

Hey, there:

I've got three custom presets that I've combined into a 3-split multi that I'm using in landscape mode.

If I make an edit to one of the three presets while in multi configuration, the save options I see are:
  • Save Multi
  • Save as New Preset
  • Save as New Multi
  • Rename Multi
  • Delete Multi
I've tried Save as New Preset and deleting the " Copy" that gets added in the name field in hopes that this overwrites the existing preset. [Just tested this specifically and it doesn't overwrite; the unloaded / reloaded preset doesn't have the changes.]
I've also tried Save Multi in hopes that the whole kit and caboodle would then get saved, including the edits made to the individual preset.

But I'm not finding that to be the case.

However... I've just found that unloading the instruments from multi, changing to 1 split and reloading the preset I'd like to edit by itself does give me a plain "Save Preset" rather than a Save As..., so that works. And I've just reloaded the multi of which that preset is one part, and the edits appear to have stuck judging by the display (Vibrato: Shake and so forth) – but the shake vibrato isn't working as it was when I had just the single preset loaded a moment ago to edit it.

I'm wondering if there's a "best practice" for developing presets and multis to be absolutely sure that changes are being saved where needed. As much thought as clearly went into this app, I'm sure I'm just missing the right way to do it.

Thanks!
CK Barlow
iPad Mini 32GB [Model PD532LL/A]
Version 8.3 (12F69)

Jesse

Re: Workflow question / problem re: presets and multis

Post by Jesse »

Hmm, Save Multi *should* be saving all the changes for all splits and slots, so if that isn't happening as you report, there is a problem. Also, there may be an issue with shake vibrato across multiple splits and slots. In other words, it isn't you, it's me!

ckbarlow

Post by ckbarlow »

LOL.

Who knows - maybe the save multi *is* working but I was misled into thinking it hadn't due to the separate (?) issue of the shake vibrato not working.

OK. If it would be helpful at all to have the bits 'n' parts that I'm working with specifically, just say the word and I'll bundle them up.

Is there a way to send a whole multi, or just individual presets?

Cheers!
CK Barlow
Version 8.3 (12F69)

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

You should be able to export a multi the same way as a single.. Prefs->Import/Export->Export Preset. Note that this won't export any custom sample sets, it just refers to them by name in the preset, so you'd need to export the sampleset(s) separately. Sure, send/post anything you have!

ckbarlow

Post by ckbarlow »

Ah, OK -- the use of "preset" in that command made me think that was the only option. Cool; thanks.
CK Barlow
Version 8.3 (12F69)