Suggestion: User instruments downloads page

SienaT

Suggestion: User instruments downloads page

Post by SienaT »

Hi Jesse and all,

I have an idea: I think it would be great to have a page on the website where users can share instruments that they've created and download instruments that other users have created. If you'd like, I could create a separate page, and you would be more than welcome to link to it from the website. Either way, I think it would be an easier way for users to find the instrument sample sets they're looking for. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Siena.

Jesse

This is a good idea to have a

Post by Jesse »

This is a good idea to have a single place where users can share things. My only concern hosting such a page is that it is all too easy for someone to create an instrument from copyrighted material, and distributing such a thing publicly is illegal. Unfortunately, that is a pretty big legal concern!

SienaT

Would creating an instrument

Post by SienaT »

Would creating an instrument from the sounds of a standalone keyboard be considered copyrighted material? The 12 string guitar sample set I created a while back as a test instrument was recorded from a Yamaha keyboard. I deleted it from the forum as I wasn't sure about copyright.

KenWDowney

Re: Suggestion: User instruments downloads page

Post by KenWDowney »

I have instrument samples that I know are not copyrighted. The one I would like to share is me playing recorder. Where can I upload this instrument?

Jesse

Re: Suggestion: User instruments downloads page

Post by Jesse »

You should be able to upload it to this forum as an attachment, but I will verify that it will still let you.