Korg Wavedrum interest?

DavidRush

Korg Wavedrum interest?

Post by DavidRush »

I recently got the Korg Wavedrum, which is an amazing instrument to play; thumbjam reminds me of it a good bit. I was reading the section on creating my own sounds and thought I might try sampling my Wavedrum some. Before I tried one, just wanted to see if there was a specific sound anybody wanted?

Thanks for an amazing piece of software!

David

P.S. Has anyone seen a good Hang drum sample posted?

Jesse

I have a Wavedrum as well, I

Post by Jesse »

I have a Wavedrum as well, I love it. Feel free to experiment with sampling it....

I've got some recorded Hang samples ready to be made into an instrument soon... for in-app download in TJ. :)

DavidRush

Awesome Jesse! The moment I

Post by DavidRush »

Awesome Jesse! The moment I heard a Hang drum, I fell in love! I'm in the process of hacking my Wavedrum to add my own samples and an external piezo pickup, like the WaveDrum mini.

I have a confession to make as well, and possibly a suggestion. I originally found TJ by just downloading a bunch of IPAs categorized as "Music" to a jailbroken iPhone. This is a great way for me to find new music apps. Fortunately, being a developer myself, I actually delete the ones I don't like and buy the few I do like. The second I tried ThumbJam, I flew to the AppStore to get it. I can't wait to see what you have on the horizon, but I'm thoroughly excited! Have you thought about putting a "Lite" version out with only a couple of instruments to get TJ in the hands of more people? Anyone who has a molecule of music creation or appreciation would fall in love instantly. I've already pushed 2 easy sales your way ;)

Just last night, I used the Mic to tone/instrument feature. It blew my mind as I bellowed (celloed! ;) out tunes for almost two hours. This is clearly a labor of love by you and I'm glad I found it. I find myself not even wanting to go into Garageband anymore, and really only use it for the Magic Instrument or per note tuning. I've always been a guitarist/pianist/vocalist but in buying my 4 year old drums last Christmas, I've blossomed into a pretty competent percussionist. I'm looking at my talking drum, frame drum, bongos and Djembe wondering if I'll ever pick them up now that I have the Wave Drum and ThumbJam :) Of course the tactile pleasure of smacking those will always be there, but... ;P

Sorry for the very OT post, just thought I'd share.

Jesse

As you might have seen, I

Post by Jesse »

As you might have seen, I posted the Hang among 8 other instruments for download in-app last night. Enjoy!

Let me know how that WD hacking goes...

DavidRush

Yes, I saw it and am in even

Post by DavidRush »

Yes, I saw it and am in even more love with your app, thank you! Everyone at work, on the commute and heading to lunch must think I'm crazy as I always have my big cans on, an amped output them and me banging away on my iPad :)