Looped samples "pop" at loop point

DoctorFedora

Looped samples "pop" at loop point

Post by DoctorFedora »

I'm trying to make a sample set of a bunch of NES chiptune sounds (as mentioned before) but I just can't seem to figure out how to get them to loop without "popping" when the sample actually loops. Given that it's basically a consistent sound (to my knowledge) I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice?

mat

You could try to edit your

Post by mat »

You could try to edit your sample with some wav editor for seamless looping before using it in TJ (maybe the sample edit functions in beatmaker 2 could do the trick, do it on your PC alternatively there are plenty of free and capable wav editors around)...

Jesse

TJ itself really should be

Post by Jesse »

TJ itself really should be crossfading, but I believe there is a bug in the implementation. I actually took your NES samples and did seamless loop editing to them to make it a new TJ instrument. I thought i had reposted it on the forum, but I'll go back and check.

DoctorFedora

Yeah, you'd fixed the one

Post by DoctorFedora »

Yeah, you'd fixed the one sample set someone made a while back. The difficulty arises when considering how many total sample sets are feasible with samples from the NES (with three different waveforms available, one of them in three pulse variants, and arpeggiation and such too). I am, however, very much looking forward to fixed crossfading in the future! : )