Tidying up (Pads and Synths)

mat

Dguitarwilson, sorry for not

Post by mat »

Dguitarwilson,

sorry for not having answered before, I downloaded the previous set of instruments as soon as you put them and really liked them. Maybe the volume is a bit low on some (or most) but Jesse once told me that I could just lower down volume on other instruments when I'm using low volume ones, and this advice works quite well in this case.

Seems like I'll have to download 11 more instruments from you, my iPod's disk space doesn't thank you but I'll do!

Thanks again for sharing these very good sounding instruments!

Jesse

Great stuff! How did you

Post by Jesse »

Great stuff! How did you sample these, by the way? I notice that all the sound files have the naming convention of files sampled by ThumbJam itself.... did you have a good audio interface hooked up via the ipad camera connector kit or something, or is the naming of the files just coincidence?

dguitarwilson

I'm going to try reworking

Post by dguitarwilson »

I'm going to try reworking them to not have such a large footprint. May take some time, but I have found TJ does a great job of filling in even if I only supply four tonic notes, as in Analog Pad 2. Thanks for the feedback.

dguitarwilson

I'm using the AmpKit Link

Post by dguitarwilson »

I'm using the AmpKit Link from Agile Partners, direct from my sound sources, guitar or synth. One inconsistency that I have is the monitoring of the volume in while recording. Even though I have the visual meter to watch, I sometimes get an overdriven signal when it appeared I hadn't gone into the red. So, I try to keep the meter just into the yellow. Consequently, some of my instruments end up with a lower volume than others. It's something I'll have to fine tune.

As to the naming convention, TJ is doing all the heavy lifting there. I'm just throwing sounds at it. That's quite a boy you've got there.

mat

dgguitarwilson downloaded and

Post by mat »

dgguitarwilson

downloaded and tested the 11 instruments this afternoon, all nice and good, thanks again. One thing though, just for your information: not only are some of the instruments very low volume, there are also differences in volume between the sampled notes. Ampkit link is quite a nice piece of gear, I'm using one with my guitars, bass and a Line6 backtrack+mic, very happy with it... Don't know any app that could help in the recording process though... Maybe with four tracks or multytrack DAW?...

thumbtrond

dguitarwilson, you're a hero!

Post by thumbtrond »

dguitarwilson, you're a hero! Thanks a lot!

Jesse

There's a good chance I will

Post by Jesse »

There's a good chance I will grab some of the best of dguitarwilson's instruments, tweak them up to spec, and include them in the in-app downloads, since TJ is missing good synth sounds. What are people's favorites of this bunch?

mat

My own favorites: analog pad

Post by mat »

My own favorites: analog pad 2, hardy winery, liquified, razor yowzer, reso pad and tubular pad. All of them are great additions to ThumbJam's line up. They would require some work to boost and even their volume. Thanks again to dguitarwilson for sharing them.

dguitarwilson

Here's four new sounds.

Post by dguitarwilson »

Here's four new sounds. They're a bit on the wild side, but I enjoy the textures. They are especially good when used in moving chords.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24326612/Cosmo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24326612/Forest.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24326612/PadFaze.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24326612/Tibet.zip

I restrained myself from grabbing too big a sample with these, and I wrote the voice controls with looping. So, if anyone picks these up, let me know if the loops follow into TJ when you upload the sound. Just trying to get a feel for the best way to write these sounds.

Thanks to all

thumbtrond

My favourite is probably

Post by thumbtrond »

My favourite is probably Liquified.