internal MIDI CC values

Hx

internal MIDI CC values

Post by Hx »

This is a request for a list of ThumbJam MIDI parameters for adjusting instrument effects and controls via an external MIDI controller.

I know it's possible because I was setting up MIDI Designer Pro (iOS app) to play ThumbJam notes and noticed some of my knobs were affecting Thumbjam instruments. I found instrument volume (on channel 10, CC 7) and instrument pan (channel 10, CC 8).

So, could I please also get the following CC values?

Reverb -room size
Reverb -level
Delay -time
Delay -feedback
Delay -level

Jesse

Here is a list of the current

Post by Jesse »

Here is a list of the current MIDI control values that TJ accepts and transmits:

Sends (if enabled in prefs):
Pan (CC 10) - when pan is one of the controls in the loaded instrument
Volume (CC 7) - when volume is one of the controls
Channel Pressure - sends when volume is one of the controls
Key Pressure (poly pressure) - sends when volume is one of the controls, per touch
Pitch Bend is sent when doing bends or vibrato

Receives:
Mod (CC 1) - the effect of this varies with the control settings in the current patch.
If the LPF filter cutoff is one of the controls it changes that, otherwise when volume is one of the controls it affects that, otherwise when pan is a control it affects that.

Volume (CC 7) - instrument level

Pan (CC 10) - pan of currently active voice

Chan Pressure - can affect volume, or pitch bend, or both, depending on settings in midi prefs
Poly Pressure - ""

Accept Bank Select and Program Change messages to load instruments or scales. The following conventions are followed, and apply to the instrument based on the channel number of the event:

Bank 00 - Program changes after receiving a bank select of 0 will load the Default preset instrument with the given index, as displayed in the Instrument Preset list's Default section.

Bank 01 - Program changes after receiving a bank select of 1 will load the User presets instruments with the given index, as displayed in the Instrument Preset list's User section.

Bank 02 - Program changes after receiving a bank select of 2 will change the selected slot in the Quick Key/Scale set (as shown when pressing the #/b button in the sidebar).

MMC Record - will toggle the loop record start and finish, or if creating an instrument, record of sample.

Jesse

If you could create a

Post by Jesse »

If you could create a recording in ThumbJam of that sound it might help me try to troubleshoot it. What Input Options do you have set in the Prefs->MIDI Control?