Using TJ with Garage Band for iPad.

Bob

Using TJ with Garage Band for iPad.

Post by Bob »

First...this app is incredible . I'm still finding my way around it and am wondering if I can accomplish something.

Have a file made with GB that I want to add trumpet and sax from TJ. Also have Hokusai. Can I make this work somehow? I realize GB is a bit fussy ...... Maybe a workaround somehow?

Thanks for any help.

Jesse

I think your best bet will

Post by Jesse »

I think your best bet will have to involve your computer, so that you can export the file from GB using iTunes file sharing, then you can import it using TJ's file sharing, load it as a loop in TJ, then record. You can then export the loopset from TJ, unzip it on your computer and if GB supports it, import the individual recorded tracks back in.

I don't have a step by step procedure for it, but can help if you run into trouble.

Bob

Thank you so much for the

Post by Bob »

Thank you so much for the offer!

I'll make several attempts before I ask for your help. Actually, the GB smart keyboards with chord selection is the main feature I use. I'm drooling over the ability to use TJ strings, horns and reeds with them.

BTW, you have one heck of an app here. I'm still learning it and am more impressed the more I learn.

Bob

Well, I wound up purchasing

Post by Bob »

Well, I wound up purchasing Multitrack DAW to make this work. Didn't want to mess with iTunes or get off my behind. I simply email myself the GB tracks, copy them to MT, play them on MT in the background while I record instruments on TJ, then use the general pasteboard to get the TJ session in MT. I can then mix and edit.

Probably not the most elegant solution but it's simple and works.

MakingMinis

I'm working with Tj and MTD

Post by MakingMinis »

I'm working with Tj and MTD as well. It took me awhile to figure out how to paste into MTD. I was exploring options in MTD with nothing on the clipboard. Once I got the mix down from TJ on the clipboard in TJ, then touching in an empty track in MTD causes an additional "paste" option to appear. So getting wav clips into MTD from TJ is easy.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get a mix down in MTD onto the clipboard to paste it back into TJ. Does it require using iTunes? I want something I can use on the go, without having to hook up to a host computer. Is there a way to do it, or should I just resign myself to only using TJ to create audio to paste into MTD?

Jesse

In MTD, to share a mixdown,

Post by Jesse »

In MTD, to share a mixdown, first make the mixdown, by hitting Menu, then Help/Sharing/Upgrades, go to the Sharing tab, select Mixdown. Then you need to go to the Bins Browser... which oddly enough isn't in the Menu, which you get to by press and holding on a track to bring up the "hotbox" circle menu thing, choose Bins... Then select the Shared tab, select the mixdown you made, and hit the Copy button.

Then in TJ, you go to Prefs->Import/Export and Paste it as a loop. You have to select Source in the popup after you hit paste, and choose General Pasteboard, which is where MTD puts it. It will show up as Pasted_DATE_TIME.wav in the Loops.

MakingMinis

Thank-you very much. :-)

Post by MakingMinis »

Thank-you very much. :-)