Dealing with timing offsets when importing loopsets into DAWs

branlory

Dealing with timing offsets when importing loopsets into DAWs

Post by branlory »

I have imported a loopset into my computer's DAW, but am having trouble setting each loop's relative timing offset. The loopsets' offsets will be automatically handled if imported into Ardour, but that isn't the case for other DAWs.

As explained here "Quantize start" was set to off, and therefore each loop has a timing offset to the first loop. This value can be found in the exported loopset's meta.flotsl file, in each loop's start_master_offset attribute.

I have assumed a start_master_offset of, say, 84736 means "this loops starts 84736 samples after the first one", nudged it accordingly, but that doesn't sync the loops.

How can we use this start_master_offset value to adjust the offset into our DAW?

Cheers

Ariel

Jesse

Can you post a zip with the

Post by Jesse »

Can you post a zip with the loopset that isn't syncing up when you nudge it as described above?

If it is too large and you can't post it somewhere easily contact me off-forum at support@thumbjam.com and we'll arrange to get it to me.

branlory

Here we go!

Post by branlory »

Here we go!Image

branlory

Woops, I realised I was

Post by branlory »

Woops, I realised I was setting the offset as bits and not milliseconds!

84736 samples / 44100 samples per seconds (sampling rate) = 1.92145125 ms of offset, which I was setting as bits and not ms... It's all syncing fine in my DAW now, the start_master_offset is bang on.