Alternative OSC server for Windows?

Musicmage

Alternative OSC server for Windows?

Post by Musicmage »

Hello Forum.

For me, the dsmi Server featured in the Manual doesn't work. The Program crashes reactionless after a few seconds. Does somebody know of an alternative server?

Best

Richard

Jesse

I think the poster is on the

Post by Jesse »

I think the poster is on the windows platform, so any positive experience people have with DSMI in windows would be great to hear about!

mat

Hi, DSMI works fine for me

Post by mat »

Hi, DSMI works fine for me (vista family edition) can you specify what you're using, network and the like, so I can see if there are differences with my own setup?

Musicmage

I use Windows XP SP3 over

Post by Musicmage »

I use Windows XP SP3 over here. My Router is something from Netgear. My Midi Loopbacks are Midi Yoke and LoopB, booth are working fine with all my other midi applications, so there i wouldn't look for the error. My VST Host is VSTHost and my sequencer is QWS (Quick Midi Sequencer).

mat

Well, can't say much except

Post by mat »

Well, can't say much except that use an Ad oc network between my IPod touch and my PC, start DSMI before anything else (except the network of course) and use maple midi (a free software working fine) instead of midi yoke, but as you said your loopbacks work fine... If you really can't get it to work, and you're sure you've got the last version of Dsmi server (but I think there's only one Windows version available...) try to go through OSC with Pure Data on the PC side, but I'm not so happy with this solution (I use it only with Touch OSC and haven't explored it at all with ThumbJam as DSMI works well for me.

Sorry I can't help you more.