Record audio when in background? And Chord function?

marlow77

Record audio when in background? And Chord function?

Post by marlow77 »

Jesse,

Controlling TJ with SoundPrismPro is amazing!! However, when I arm TJ for recording it cancels the recording when backgrounded even though controlled by SP. Any ideas how to get this to work?

Also, I am having trouble figuring out how to use the chord function...can you give an idea how to get it to make sound? I can assign chords, but I don't know why they don't play the chord...

Thank you for the most expressive and feature-rich music making application in the app store!!

Marlow

Jesse

Yes, it intentionally cancels

Post by Jesse »

Yes, it intentionally cancels all record operations when going in the background, but I put that in before all the virtual midi stuff showed up on the scene. For the next update I will allow recording if the 'run in background' option from the midi settings is enabled.

Heh, those buttons do not play chords, they simply allow you to quickly switch between any chosen scales/keys (which could be 'chord' scales). It is still up to you to play (or arpeggiate with human feel). The auto-chording feature still hasn't made it in yet, sorry to say.... needs some consideration to fit it in, simple buttons really wouldn't suffice if you think about it (range, expression, etc), it is more of a rabbit hole then you might think. GarageBand's smart instruments do it pretty well, I guess. And as you've discovered, at least you have apps like SoundPrism Pro that will let you do the chord stuff with TJ.

marlow77

Ok. That makes sense on both

Post by marlow77 »

Ok. That makes sense on both fronts. I noticed the recording function is paused until re-entered and then seems to intentionally cancel out because of the backgrounding...

Also, thanks for illuminating the chord function for me. It makes a lot of sense, and I do think it may get complicated rather quickly.

BTW, I am absolutely LOVING the LPF....WOW...

Marlow