Sharing App Data between iPhone and iPad

caseyjamesbasichis

Sharing App Data between iPhone and iPad

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

Does anyone here know if there is a way to have thumbjam on both a phone and an iPad, where they are synced and always have the same projects and instruments once they have been synced?

Also how does this work if both alter the same project before they sync, does it just overwrite the latest? Does it delete the stray loops from the overwritten project? Mainly Im concerned about the instruments and loops.

I thinking about getting an iPhone 4 -- thanks to tj I could careless about a silly little thing like phone calls :)

Thanks,
Casey

mat

Hi, I don't think the app's

Post by mat »

Hi,

I don't think the app's user content is ever synchronized and it's the same with any app. You can synchronize your ITunes library and apps on up to 5 devices but the user content is created and stays on each individual device. You have to do the synchronization by yourself, for example with ThumbJam you have to use Wifi transfer to save your projects, loops and instruments on a computer and load them on another device (IPad, IPhone or IPod). The good part is that it allows you not to worry about overwriting your projects unwillingly ;)

What you want to have could be a great addition to ThumbJam for those with multiple devices: synchronization through BlueTooth or Wifi between devices with a master and a slave device (your choice every time you'd be using this function), my suggestion is that you post it in the desired features section of this forum. Damn it, with this kind of things how long will it take my brain to be obsessed with the idea of getting an IPad?

Mat

caseyjamesbasichis

Thanks Mat. Thats what i

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

Thanks Mat. Thats what i figured.

I guess the main thing I need to work out is how to download the flotpatch files, which dont seem to download with the instruments.

It took me a week or two to work my self into enough of a frenzy to get an iPad, but Im very glad i did.

Jesse

Yeah, there's no clean way to

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, there's no clean way to transfer presets around. I'll need to add that as a feature soon.

You can get your patches off by turning on wifi transfer and going to /Presets/ as the end of the URL. They will be names with numbers but you can download them and peek inside to see the names.

If you zip them up on your computer then try to upload that zip file as a new sampleset and it might just work.