Sound fades out

OmniCognate

Sound fades out

Post by OmniCognate »

I have version 1.3 and when I record a loop and play it back the sound keeps fading out like a badly tuned radio. If I then add another loop on top it gets even worse. I recorded about 5 minutes worth and only about 30 seconds will play back. I tried playing it through external speakers in case it was something to do with the ipads speakers not being able to handle the frequency but the issue remained. Otherwise this this an amazing app

OmniCognate

Anyone ?

Post by OmniCognate »

Anyone ?

Jesse

I think I need to hear an

Post by Jesse »

I think I need to hear an example of this... I've never seen anything like that. Can you post a short WAV file here (file attachments in the forum should allow it) of the resulting sound?
You can grab the saved loopset from the web interface and post that, or do a session record and pull it off.

OmniCognate

I've emailed the file to the

Post by OmniCognate »

I've emailed the file to the support email address

OmniCognate

Any feedback from the file ?

Post by OmniCognate »

Any feedback from the file ?

Jesse

Wow, I've definitely never

Post by Jesse »

Wow, I've definitely never seen that before. What appears to be happening is that periodically the sound starts getting a really huge DC offset and the whole waveform shifts up and clips itself out. Can you describe exactly what you did, which instruments, etc, to get this to happen? What hardware and iOS version? Does it happen all the time whenever you make a loop... how many loops does it take for it to happen? If you turn reverb off does it still happen?

Sorry for the questions, but answers to any and all of them would be very helpful.

OmniCognate

Turning reverb off eliminates

Post by OmniCognate »

Turning reverb off eliminates the problem by about 90%. The sound distorts every now and again but doesn't completely disappear.

The ipad model is MB284LL, version 3.2.2(7B500), purchased in the US if it makes any difference. I can't remember the exact instruments, although one was definitely choir. It was ok with one loop but every additional recording got progressively worse. It completely wigged out at 3 loops.

I've probably missed out some detail.

OmniCognate

Any luck?

Post by OmniCognate »

Any luck?

OmniCognate

Hello.....

Post by OmniCognate »

Hello.....

Jesse

Sorry, I have not yet been

Post by Jesse »

Sorry, I have not yet been able to reproduce this one. I will continue to try.