MIDI/OSC not working at all!!

robocomp

MIDI/OSC not working at all!!

Post by robocomp »

Hello everybody,
I can't get ANY message from thumbjam using dsmi or osc(osculator), ALL MY OTHER MIDI/OSC APPS ARE WORKING(touchosc, oscemote, sonic life, AC-7 DAW...), am I missing something???
I use an ad-hoc connection, thumbjam v1.2, mac os 10.5.8, ios 4.0, osculator and dsmi server 1.01 & 1.02...same result...NOTHING!!!
I bought the app for the MIDI/OSC support....no luck...

Any help, will be much appreciated

thanks

UPDATE: DSMI is working thru the router but NOT with ad-hoc, strange... is it a bug?

Jesse

I just tested it, and it

Post by Jesse »

I just tested it, and it works for me on an iPhone 4, and an iPod touch 2g ios4. Did you enable it from the Prefs->Remote Control menu? I did notice that the adhoc network did have to be properly established before starting the app on the iphone, if your other controller apps seem to work on it, it should be OK.

What device do you have?

The next update is basically complete, I would like to resolve this issue (if it really is on) before submitting it!

robocomp

Oh Jesse! Thanks for the

Post by robocomp »

Oh Jesse! Thanks for the reply!
It is the ad-hoc connection that's causing me some problems.I have try everything with no luck.
DSMI is working with the router, but not osc (osculator does not receive any message, I use port 8000).
I have an iPod Touch 2g.
ThumbJam ROCKS(with an arpeggiator it could be HEAVEN)!!!!!I Love it!
Thank you for this great piece of software.

robocomp

marlow77

Jessie, I have been having

Post by marlow77 »

Jessie,

I have been having difficulty using midi over wifi for the drum sets. All of the other instruments work great this way, but the drumsets transmit on too low of an octave to register (808 example). Could you make this configurable in the instrument settings?

Thanks,

Marlow

Jesse

Yes, thanks for reminding me

Post by Jesse »

Yes, thanks for reminding me about the non-pitched instruments and midi, I will fix their note numbers transmitted for midi purposes to a normal range.

marlow77

Thanks, Jessie! I have to

Post by marlow77 »

Thanks, Jessie! I have to tell you that your app is my favorite and the instuments move me. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Jesse

Unfortunately you are

Post by Jesse »

Unfortunately you are correct. Currently it does a broadcast on the local network to the specified port. In some sense this is simpler to set up, it just requires that you listen on different ports if you have multiple devices and multiple computers on your network. I will add a way to specify the IP destination if you do not want to broadcast.