DSMidiWifi extra midi notes

caseyjamesbasichis

DSMidiWifi extra midi notes

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

Hi,

I've noticed that with DSMidiWifi i often get extremely short midi notes recorded in the transition between two notes. Often these over lap the the second note in such a way that on monophonic instruments the unwanted note cancels out the intended note leaving only a blip of what should have been a held note.

These are often many of these notes and being so small and placed at the tail of the transition they are difficult to see and eliminate.

Also as a side note, it would be very useful, when Poly is set to off, if there was an option to include a slight overlap in the notes. Most modern synths and samplers require a slight overlap in order to trigger legato behavior.

Jesse

What note value do these

Post by Jesse »

What note value do these short notes take on, with respect to the previous and next ones?

Good idea about the note overlap, will do.

caseyjamesbasichis

I just checked through the

I just checked through the different modes.

The issue is less significant than I thought. In poly mode things seem to work fine.

With poly off I get none of those mini notes -- I was likely using a mono instrument (with TJ's sound off) to control a poly midi instrument.

In the mono mode i do get small notes, but that is to be expected -- maybe my finger grazing a neighboring note or something like that.

If I do hold down more than one note in mono mode, very often there is no note off in one or more of the voices so the midi event continues recording until recording is stopped.

Setting TJ to poly mode is a fine enough work around until there is a reason to use the mono mode specifically.

Thanks,
Casey

caseyjamesbasichis

I noticed the issue again and

I noticed the issue again and I discovered that was an issue with a setting in reaper. I had eliminate overlaps set and it was causing 1/64th notes to get tagged at the end of notes... In case anyone uses reaper and has this issue down the road.

The thing with the missing note offs in mono mode is unrelated I think, but again, its less of a bother than trying too zoom in and eliminate those mini-notes.

mini-notes... thank god I have no hand in music terminology.