Response delay with long notes and polyphony

Tellurico

Response delay with long notes and polyphony

Post by Tellurico »

Hi, when using Grand Piano or Strings Ensemble (at the moment I had this issue mostly with these two instruments) with four or five fingers polyphony, sometimes sounds and graphic have a long delay switching between high notes when keeping very long low notes with one or two of the fingers and shredding with the others.
Not a big issue, depressing the long notes for a moment and pressing down again seems to solve the problem temporary.

Thank you

Jesse

Yes, I have noticed this

Post by Jesse »

Yes, I have noticed this issue, but haven't had any luck resolving it.. it appears to be a low-level touch event bug in the OS... when it happens my app is not receiving any touch events for that finger. I hope either I am proven wrong, or they fix it.

Tellurico

I had this problem with the

Post by Tellurico »

I had this problem with the Tenor Sax for the very first time today after a long session of Thumbjam with looped tracks and so on. I was only pressing two low notes and shredding with another finger and the response was very slow.

I tried to exit and re-enter the app but still had the problem, after rebooting the iPhone (3Gs 32GB) the problem was solved. It looks like something doesn't get flushed away from memory (I am a programmer but I am just guessing) and with long complex sessions the problem becomes a lot easier to get.

Thank you