Issue on iPad2

Jesse

Issue on iPad2

Post by Jesse »

There have been several reports that the sound is garbled when running on the new iPad 2.

It was discovered that the reverb effect implementation was to blame, and turning it off will work around the issue for now. Do so in Edit->Effects, note that it won't stick, it will likely turn back on when changing instruments.

A fix is being worked on and should be released shortly. Sorry about that!

thumbsup

I did turn off reverb and I

Post by thumbsup »

I did turn off reverb and I got Sound! Thanks, but fix it

Jesse

The fixed version has already

Post by Jesse »

The fixed version has already been submitted to Apple. Expect it to show up in the next couple of days.

thumbsup

Thanks for the quick work. I

Post by thumbsup »

Thanks for the quick work. I love this instrumment! I notice it isn't as responsive or subtle as on the original iPad. How come the area below my finger turns yellow as I play it? Never did that before.
Keep up the good work. This is a major new musical instrument and fast becoming my main axe. Thank You

Jesse

Wait until the fixed version

Post by Jesse »

Wait until the fixed version (1.3.2) shows up, and you get the reverb back... then report back about any responsiveness concerns. Because if it is in any way less satisfying than on an iPad 1, I want to know about it.

guitarchitect

Is the problem only with iPad

Post by guitarchitect »

Is the problem only with iPad 2 or is it associated with the new OS 4.3.1 that comes installed on iPad 2?
Just wondering since I am considering updating my iPad 1 to the new OS.

Jesse

The problem *was* with the

Post by Jesse »

The problem *was* with the iPad 2 only, and the fixed version of ThumbJam (1.3.2) is already available. No worries either way for you!