crashes in sample set window

thecody

crashes in sample set window

Post by thecody »

I uploaded some samples of a mellotron (~8 megs) to thumbjam (in the "Upload new Sample(s)" section). Then, I went to edit -> sample -> sample set. It gets to the list, then closes out to the springboard in about half a second. I tried this multiple times, with several different presets open; same thing. I went back to the server, deleted the samples. Same thing is still happening.

I'm about to uninstall/reinstall thumbjam to see if that fixes it.

...syncing...

Yeah, working fine now.

Going to try re-uploading the samples.

Yep, broken again. Uninstalling/reinstalling again.

Is there something wrong with my zip file? The samples therein? Or, do I need to upload them as an instrument with the xml .flot file?

Jesse

I cannot reproduce this, but

Post by Jesse »

I cannot reproduce this, but I will keep trying. Load the samples as you did (which is fine), then create a new instrument from the main Sound menu, do not try to go to the sample set list. Go ahead and make your mellotron instrument there. Afterwards, I'm curious to see if you can then open the sample sets list...

Jesse

Also, if you could submit

Post by Jesse »

Also, if you could submit your crash reports that would be most helpful. A description of how to do this is here:
http://thumbjam.com/node/80

Thanks!

thecody

I tried it the way you

Post by thecody »

I tried it the way you described and everything went just fine. No hiccups. I can also browse the sample sets with no problem. Thank you!

edit: Oh, and I submitted the crash reports.

Jesse

Thanks, I've fixed that bug

Post by Jesse »

Thanks, I've fixed that bug here, it will be in the next release. The workaround in the meantime (maybe) is to do as mentioned above, create a new instrument first from the Sound menu.