Impossible to play Loopsets...

J.C

Impossible to play Loopsets...

Post by J.C »

After playing a while with TJ I was suddenly unable to play the currently loaded loopset. Nothing happen, whatever I do. I still can load instruments and play with them, but that'y pretty all I can do... I even can't load a new loop or loopset...

I have to reinstall TJ in order to get it back to work but after playing a while, the same bug happen over and over again. No clue what's happening..

So right now TJ became unusable for me :-(

Anyone else with the same issue?

Any idea?

Edit 13:47:

The bug happen each time I quit TJ and there really is nothing to do except to reinstall TJ.
Background audio doesn't work anymore (but it worked once with Soudprism Pro).

As soon as I want to put TJ in Background I create this bug and have to delete the App...

I'm very annoyed with this..

Jesse

This was reported by another

Post by Jesse »

This was reported by another user as well (the loopset issue). Do you recall what you were doing just before it got into this state?

There should be a way to fix it without deleting the app, but I need to reproduce it here reliably before I can supply a workaround (and ultimately the bugfix).

Regarding background audio, did you go back and re-enable the MIDI options for it? Or does this problem with the loopsets only occur when the background audio option is turned on?

J.C

I reinstalled the App,

Post by J.C »

I reinstalled the App, downloaded the Samba loop, played it, put TJ in Background, and boom... it happened.

So I am not doing something special, just put TJ in Background.

Though I don't exactly remember what I was doing when it first happened. Just jamming around I guess, then I switched to another App (SoundPrism Pro) and it happened.

One more thing:

I can’t see the transport bar when I launch TJ (it’s now the fifth time I uninstall and relaunch TJ…).
I’ve got to go to Preferences and to turn “show sidebar” (which is on “on” ?!?!?) off and on again in order to see the transport bar.

Background audio is on, with the red inscription on the play area.

The strangest thing is that it worked this morning, I played and record Soudprism chords this way...

But now it just doesn't work anymore, audio stop as soon as I put TJ in Background and whern I go back to TJ it's bugged.

Note that loop doesn't look normal after that, it is just a blank stripe, without the small bars in it...

Thanks for your help Jesse!

Jesse

OK, I can reproduce

Post by Jesse »

OK, I can reproduce that.

Here is a workaround to recover without an app reinstall:

- Once you are in the bad state, go to Loop->Load, select the Loop Sets page, then hit the Edit button in the upper right corner and delete the one called Default, or if you had saved one, delete that one too.
- hit home button, then double-tap the home button to bring up the taskbar and kill TJ (press and hold icon in taskbar, then hit red remove indicator)
- start up TJ again, hit record, play something, finish record. It will likely look like nothing happened. THEN press record again, and finish record, something will have looped and appear.
- Now go to Loop->Clear Loops and it will get you back to a workable state

Let me know if those steps work for you.

J.C

Thanks for your help. It

Post by J.C »

Thanks for your help.

It worked, almost ;-)

Still have the same issue with imported loops.

Recorded instruments loops are fine and behave now as they should but the audio of the imported loop (beat loops) stop as soon as I turn TJ in background.
Note that the Audio of the instruments doesn't stop, only the beatloop...

J.C

Back at home... I downloaded

Post by J.C »

Back at home...

I downloaded the last release on my iPad 2 with iOS 5.01 (9A405), loaded a 100BPM drum loop that I know is working well with TJ, recorded a loop with a factory instrument (Flute), selected background audio and switch to the springboard.
Everything was fine.

Back in TJ I then pressed pause, go to the loop menu, press Clear Loops, import the same drum loop, record a loop with the Flute instrument, when TJ is playing I switch to the springboard (Background Audio is activ), the audio of the drum loop stoped but not the instrument loop.
Same bug as on the iPhone 4S withe the same effects...

This is exactly what I've done right after installing TJ on the iPad.

If it can help.

Edit:
Everything work fine if I load a previously created loopset, it only happened when I load a loop.

Jesse

This is consistent with the

Post by Jesse »

This is consistent with the bug's behavior. It is a problem when you load a loop, or mixdown a loop.

I have fixed it here, by the way. Please continue trying to get your recording offset issue to be reproducible, so I can try to fix that as well.

J.C

Happy to hear that you fixed

Post by J.C »

Happy to hear that you fixed it.

I'll continu my tests about the offset issue.