MIDI questions ...

zetagy

MIDI questions ...

Post by zetagy »

I have a few questions about the use of MIDI in ThumbJam:

1-ThumbJam can receive MIDI, and record an audio loop, and can record a MIDI file alongside that audio loop.
But when TJ is recording a loop while the MIDI source is external, does it record that received MIDI alongside the audio loop?
I'm trying to use TJ as a MIDI filter to take input, 'scale lock' it, and record the MIDI results.

2-ThumbJam can receive MIDI on one channel, it can send MIDI on another channel, but can it send what it receives, i.e. MIDI Thru? Can the 'scale lock' feature be put in between the send and receive to act as a live filter?

3-Can the TJ audio engine be turned off so that I can use it as a pure MIDI controller, or do I need to make a 'dummy' blank instrument?

Thank you for a great app-! I'm having a good time.

Jesse

1 - No, at this time only

Post by Jesse »

1 - No, at this time only touch-based play records midi, it appears. I'll add this to the list of feature requets.

2- It does not have a Thru mode yet, but when it does you will be able to filter it through the scale lock feature. This has been requested several times already....

3 - The next bugfix update will have the ability to silence the audio engine (it will be in the Sound->Volume/ipod page)

Thanks for your feedback!

zetagy

Thanks Man-!!! Really top

Post by zetagy »

Thanks Man-!!! Really top notch stuff ...