Frustrated!

Bob

Frustrated!

Post by Bob »

Well, I'm really bent out of shape about this. Can't get the Trumpet Mute instrument to work at all. When I select it, I get the previous loaded instrument or some sort of mix. Sometimes I get no sound at all. I've opened and closed the app, deleted it and reloaded from iCloud, all to no avail.

Can something be done?

Jesse

That's very strange indeed,

Post by Jesse »

That's very strange indeed, Bob! The Trumpet Harmon Mute instrument is a factory built-in, and I've never had anyone report any issues loading it before. Is this another muted trumpet instrument that you have installed yourself from one of the user contributed instruments?

Has this happened with any other instruments?

Thepinkelefant

I am having the same issue on

Post by Thepinkelefant »

I am having the same issue on the ipad.
Not sure what started it,but one fine day some of the instruments just "leak" into each other. When i change the instrument , everything changes except the sounds. Sounds remain for the old instrument.
I have to cycle through some of the instr again and then it works for while.
No specific instr in my case but my drums are hosed up.
I am guessing it started when i created a custom scale or changed one of the param like The buffer size.
Just a guess though and not certain.

Jesse

Thepinkelefant, in your case

Post by Jesse »

Thepinkelefant, in your case are the instruments that don't load from the downloadable content? If so, just go to Sound->Download Samples and download them again. If they were "builtin", let me know.

Bob

Well, now that you mention

Post by Bob »

Well, now that you mention it, I may have loaded from another source but can't remember which. In any case, why would the '"blleed through" happen with other instruments? Sorry if I came across too strong. I love this app and get impatient with the occasional hiccup

Jesse

Because, there is apparently

Post by Jesse »

Because, there is apparently an occasional bug where the app loses track of some user installed instrument samples, so when you go to switch to a preset that referenced them, it can not load the samples. It does load the rest of the parameters, which makes it look like ghosting.

I believe I have fixed this bug, in the soon to be released v2.1.

thumbtrond

2.1, Jesse? 2.1? Soon? You

Post by thumbtrond »

2.1, Jesse? 2.1? Soon? You got me drooling all over my laptop here. What can we expect? Can you give us a teaser?

And please forgive us all for bugging you so much with requests and being so impatient at times. It's just because we love Thumbjam so much.

-trond

Jesse

Just submitted 2.1..... See

Post by Jesse »

Just submitted 2.1.....

See this post: http://thumbjam.com/node/2063

J.C

Yes! Killer Update, as

Post by J.C »

Yes!

Killer Update, as usual.

Thanks a lot Jesse for all the hard work!