Export Presets does not work

Export Presets does not work

Postby RoseRodent » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

This straddles between being a feature request and a bug report depending on the outcome of each:
On version 2.5.2 (and some others) the "Export Preset" option which should allow export of presets by email does not work. There is no error message but there just isn't any function at all, when the "Email selected" or "Email all" button is pressed, nothing happens. There is sometimes a brief spinning circle on the screen, but no action. I have checked in the email app that there is no draft mail created. I tried this on an iPad Air and an iPad pro, same problem on both.

The feature request aspect is that the alternative way to get these presets from one iPad to another is via WiFi transfer. Is is possible for the user presets to export their names when exported via WiFi transfer? If I have exported 30+ presets and multis, it isn't very user-friendly to export these all labelled flotpatch and numbers. It means I need to manually rename each of my exports once I have exported them if I am to find a particular program again. This adds up to a very large job across multiple iPads each with multiple users.

A third possibility, if it is very difficult to append the user allocated name to the file, is the option to export the list of user allocated preset names in the same order as the flotpatch files, so these can be quickly merged.

It would really help my workflow if I could export things more easily and clearly.

Re: Export Presets does not work

Postby Jesse » Wed May 10, 2017 1:33 pm

As for the lack of email export working... it appears to work here on my iPhone running iOS 10.3.1, but not on my iPad running the same iOS version. It appears to be because there is no default account set up in the system settings under Mail on the iPad. Have you set up an email account on your iPad?

The filenames themselves don't matter when you import them, but I see your point that if you want to pick and choose which ones to install elsewhere, sane filenames would be pretty essential. I'll put that on the list.

Re: Export Presets does not work

Postby RoseRodent » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:22 am

Jesse wrote: It appears to be because there is no default account set up in the system settings under Mail on the iPad. Have you set up an email account on your iPad?

Yes, there is an email account active and when I click on other Mailto links e.g. email addresses in Chrome, it pops straight into the email app and creates me a draft email. I tried creating the icloud mail account and it did ask me about using it for various things when I started Thumbjam, but still nothing. I checked in my drafts in case it was creating the data and then not sending me to the mail app to deal with it, but there's nothing there. I do have Outlook installed on my ipad, not sure if that makes any difference for it trying to find a different default mail client, but then Outlook is not on the iPad Pro which has the same issue.

Jesse wrote: The filenames themselves don't matter when you import them, but I see your point that if you want to pick and choose which ones to install elsewhere, sane filenames would be pretty essential. I'll put that on the list.

Thanks, that would be awesome, save us from any more last minute panic re-program jobs backstage if we can have a backup of everyone's presets stored in a safe location ready to quickly pull to a new iPad.

Return to Bug Reports