playback recorded midi loops over core midi to control other instruments

jokerpack

Post by jokerpack »

-
i would love such a feature. You could use ThumbJam to jam to togehter with synths like Sunrizer or Nlog or an external synth.

Instead of choosing a normal sample instrument you would have to choose a "midi instrument" from the instrument list and select a midi channel.In this case thumbJam would act as a simple midi sequencer.

While playing midi is recorded and you could play it back over a choosen midi channel to control an instrument.
This would be perfect and i would pay extra money for it.

What do you think?Would you like it too?

Jesse

I could see the value of

Post by Jesse »

I could see the value of playing back the recorded loop's MIDI... that could be useful. I also plan to add MIDI import later on too, which would allow you to load and render loops with TJ instruments.

But this already exists in some different apps, Genome, BeatMaker 2, and probably many others appear to have the feature you want....

jokerpack

Yes, i would like to see

Post by jokerpack »

Yes, i would like to see these features one day.. even if the exist in other apps.But genomne and beatmnaker are not jamming apps like ThumbJam.
I love the intuitive loop based recording in ThumbJam, which makes it a fun to jam around..I think there is no other app with such a nice live feeling.. Especially the scales and accelerator function is so fine..

A midi lopper would also bee a very interesting standalone app!An App with the same loop and recording functionality like ThumbJam but only with midi controlled external instruments (instead of TJ instruments). Imagine you could control hardware synths, virtual/IOS synths, drummachines with an midi loop jam tool :-). Many musicians would love such features.

J.C

And I'm one of them, that

Post by J.C »

And I'm one of them, that would be just amazing!!!

Great idea!