A Piano Keyboard Please!

paradox148

I don't mind having the Piano

Post by paradox148 »

I don't mind having the Piano Keyboard as an in-app purchase at all. In fact I would jump at purchasing any add-on that Jesse is putting up because I am sure they would all be brilliant; and I believe that the hard work put in by dedicated developer should be rewarded justly.

As for the analogy with the F1, to my way of thinking, the thumbboard is more like the F1 with automatic gear and pillows(you do not need to know your scale and cannot play a wrong note by design!), but can be limiting in the more serious application. Just as a pro driver would need the manual shift(full chromatic piano keyboard) to do the trickier maneuvers like controlled skidding/turning(jazz and other styles requiring odd notes and multiple transposing mid-song). There is something to be said about being able to start jamming mid-song during a group session without having to find out what key/scale the group is using too. There is a reason why almost all hardware synths come with the standard piano keyboard after all.

I agree that a lot of the more innovative music app do not have the traditional keyboard anymore. It's just that TJ already has the best features and MIDI implementation on any apps I have come across that I would just LOVE to be able to use it as THE controller of choice for all situations.

From Jesse's comments I believe that he already understands what I am trying to convey. For those of you who don't, obviously you do not need a Piano keyboard, as most of you would have been attracted to TJ in the first place by the Thumbboard and that is great. :) However I am sure that having the Piano Keyboard as well would allow Thumbjam to have a much greater appeal to the more "traditional" players and attract more new clients who may eventually grow into the Thumbboard like I have too.

paradox148

I do not want to keep

Post by paradox148 »

I do not want to keep bombarding the forum with my "I want the Piano Keyboard" comments and so I have only been responding to new comments. But a thought has just come to me on this. Is it easier to just add a new skin for the Chromatic Scale with black keys added, so at least we can play the out of scale notes easily? As long as it is scrollable/shirnkable/expandable like the Thumbboard and use the normal control like axis/tilt..etc. The black keys have to be above and in between the white keys though to resemble a normal keyboard though.

rallino

Hi, the solution to your

Post by rallino »

Hi,
the solution to your problem is Midi Studio. 1 or 2 Piano keyboards for TJ and also an arpeggiator!
Have fun!

paradox148

Yes, I do use Midi Studio and

Post by paradox148 »

Yes, I do use Midi Studio and also BS16i a lot when I do need a piano keyboard. Just hoping that I am able to have it all in TJ with all it's other great features handy too. :)

paradox148

Not sure if a piano keyboard

Post by paradox148 »

Not sure if a piano keyboard would be forthcoming. Maybe a flat/sharp button would be a good compromise so at least most notes can be played within any scale? (like in Slide Control)