Non-tilt pitch bend. Because of Audiobus!

Bob

Non-tilt pitch bend. Because of Audiobus!

Post by Bob »

I have to admit that I put TJ down for a while . Until Audiobus found its way on to my iPad.

Now the awesomeness of running the guitar and (some) synth samples through effects such as amps, stomp boxes,equalizer and other goodness has been a renewal of this, the second app I purchased, 2 years ago.

However, since I use an iPad tilting the thing to pitch bend a note is cumbersome. I get that TJ was designed primarily for the iPhone. But, how about some love for iPad only users?

Perhaps the controls menu could be altered to allow for a finger slide pitch. I'd be more than willing to sacrifice tremolo or something else.

Do any other iPad only users care to second this request?

Jesse

That's a good suggestion. I'm

Post by Jesse »

That's a good suggestion. I'm envisioning an x-axis pitch bend option, which will activate whenever your finger moves a certain threshold in the x-axis (after hitting or dragging into a new note). Like the tilt versions it resets upon the next note dragged to.

Bob

Sounds good to me. Hopefully

Post by Bob »

Sounds good to me. Hopefully it's something we will see in a not to distant update.

BTW, if anyone is interested try running the Juno Saw and Wahtooth sounds through the amplifiers using GarageBand as the output. One can choose any of eight amps and ten different stomp boxes to coax some cool sounds. Or, one can use the freememium amplifier apps, Amplitude, JamUp or Ampkit in the effects slot.

Once I figure out the right settings to see if I can get either one of the clean guitar sounds to mimic a bluesy stratocaster, I'll post a Soundcloud link with examples of how TJ sounds through some amps and effects.

Because of the plethora of scales available anyone that's interested in fusion or prog-rock has a whole new set of tools using TJ.