Isomorphic Layout

Dauber

Isomorphic Layout

Post by Dauber »

First, I want to say that ThumbJam has become my absolute favorite app: I was able to make a crazy tuning in Scala, send it to ThumbJam, set up a key layout with one octave in a row of wide keys below two octaves in a row of thinner keys (turning the iPod sideways) with exactly as many keys per octave as the tuning required (ten) and start playing polyphonically with my own hands, all in LESS THAN A MINUTE. It's an incredible privilege to live in a time when such things are possible, and I thank you for making it happen.

Now, the request: if you can integrate the capability to specify and save custom isomorphic key layouts, ThumbJam will become the greatest achievement in the history of the human race.

Particularly, I would urge you to shamelessly rip off Musix -- http://shiverware.com/musix.html -- and extend it in a way that would allow me to, just for example, devise my own isomorphic layout for 17-edo and actually play it. The powers of these two apps combined would be astonishing, and I think it's much more feasible for ThumbJam to make it happen than Musix.

I would gladly pay handsomely for such an upgrade. If I could, I'd finance the development myself. History awaits! ;-)

Jesse

Interesting concepts,

Post by Jesse »

Interesting concepts, although I must say it does take a bit of practice to really use those isomorphic layouts. I'll consider seeing what it would take to add that kind of thing to TJ, but no promises :)

Jesse

I suggest that you urge the

Post by Jesse »

I suggest that you urge the developer of Musix to implement virtual MIDI, so that it can control TJ (among many other apps).

It is so much better when developers can focus on their strengths!