Keyboard Layout & breath control

Littlemachine

Keyboard Layout & breath control

Post by Littlemachine »

I posted about this at the end of someone elses thread a while ago but I'll repost cause I think it would be such a good feature:

To have an optional classic keyboard layout where only the keys in the scale chosen would be playable, and the unused keys in the scale would be greyed out. It would make the layout of the scales more visual and it would make thumbjam a perfect learning tool, where you could transfer your practicing and songs to other real instruments more easily. After a while you will have these scales in your fingers. I have never seen that in a VST, but it's a simple (?) idea that could be really useful, I think.

Another thing, to have a breath control input using the microphone for wind instruments. Try the Wivi band app for great use of this (there's a free version with only a trumpet sound). This could be great fun while using a headset for example.

What about it?

Jesse

Yes, when I do add a "normal"

Post by Jesse »

Yes, when I do add a "normal" keyboard display option this is likely how I'll do it.

Breath control is already on the list!

Littlemachine

Great news! Thanks for the

Post by Littlemachine »

Great news! Thanks for the reply Jesse.

raketemensch

Oh man, I was on my way over

Post by raketemensch »

Oh man, I was on my way over here to the Feature Request forum with pre-dashed hopes of requesting breath control... I've suggested this to several developers now, all of whom have pretty much ignored it.

What I'd love to do is use it to set volume... You blow at whatever intensity to set the volume, and when you stop, the volume stays there. Blow again, harder or softer, and it changes to wherever you take it.

That way you can control it on-the-fly, bringing it up and down, and still have control over where you "leave" it when you stop blowing.