Single-Shot MIDI and control / Recording when backgrounded

marlow77

Single-Shot MIDI and control / Recording when backgrounded

Post by marlow77 »

Jesse,

It seems that when I create a single shot instrument, the midi transmits much lower octaves to other synths via virtual midi. Is there something I can do to modify this (through flotpatch configuration, etc) to control other synths via virtual midi at higher octaves?

Also, would it be possible to enable the finger vibrato for the single shot instruments too? I think it would be great to create additional control interfaces through this setup.

Lastly, I just wanted to ask if you could also enable recording in Thumbjam when Thumbjam is backgrounded so other controllers sending virtual midi would be recorded in Thumbjam.

Thank you for such a great creation and update!

Marlow77

Jesse

I have recently fixed it so

Post by Jesse »

I have recently fixed it so all one-shot style instruments should start at midi note 60 (for the next update).... but in the meantime, not even a flotpatch solution will fix it. You'll probably want to run it through some midi app of some kind that might do transpose... I haven't looked around to see if there is one. I suppose what you want is to be able to specify the midi note number for each "pad"?

Vibrato for one-shot is a good idea actually... I don't think it was intentional that I prevented it from working, so I'll make sure that works for the next update too.

And yes, recording when in background is already on the list for the next update...

marlow77

Jesse, Great news! I was

Post by marlow77 »

Jesse,

Great news! I was hoping to be able to modify the notes in the flot patch so I could make controllers like geo synth or SoundPrismPro directly in TJ. TJ is just more expressive and fun to use, it seems silly to keep switching back and forth since we already have the single shot banks. Also, TJ allows multisample and great customizations through the patches, whereas the other two do not. Lastly, it would be great for using in unison with other soft synths via virtual midi, such as Sunrizer.

Will the next update allow configuring midi note numbers per pad along with vibrato (I'd be willing to modify the patch files to do this for sure).

Thanks,

Marlow

jj_1080

Great news about the

Post by jj_1080 »

Great news about the background recording. I was coming here to ask for the same thing.