Previous Loaded Instruments RAM and Vel Layers

caseyjamesbasichis

Previous Loaded Instruments RAM and Vel Layers

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

Howdy hey,

I know you've suggested that at some point you might add the capability for multiple velocities. I had a few thoughts that could generalize such a feature.

First, is it possible to retain previously used instruments in RAM, cycling out the oldest when RAM gets low? This way we could jump back and forth between instruments quickly when working with a reasonably limited pallet. Something like [1][2][3][4] buttons on the side bar could allow for quick access.

With that in place, I could see the X-axis optionally controlling the selection of those samples... They could be velocity layers -- loaded in separate patches -- or an arbitrary combination of instruments for real flexibility.

For velocity only, this would give a lot of flexibility -- knowing that I will only be needing a low dynamic, I could load ppp,p,mp,mf. patches(and save that config as its own preset) This way it would be possible to maximize the resources instead of loading a default p, mf, f fff.

Are there other technical issues that would stand in the way of something like that?

Jesse

I am currently adding support

Post by Jesse »

I am currently adding support for multiple simultaneous instruments right now, so what you are suggesting is certainly not out of the question. Quick-switch between the loaded instruments would be a natural extension. I also like the use of the x-axis to control them. I was going to have a split screen for multiple discrete instruments but having them cross-fade between as you move across sounds really cool. It is likely that these features would only be available on the higher end devices due to RAM and CPU constraints.

caseyjamesbasichis

That would be really

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

That would be really nice.

The next release should be glooooooorrrriiiious :)