Quantization

sluz

Quantization

Post by sluz »

First of all - Great job! I absolutely love this app. I'm practically begging everyone I know to buy it.

But anyway - I tried to make a simple drum loop but had a very hard time recording a flawless loop without a hiccup. A metronome function would be great as well. Some sort of drum machine would be amazing.

The free flowing and expressive nature of the app sold me. However, the drum patterns and loops create a foundation so I wish I could make it a bit more precise without so much trial and error.

An arpeggiator function would totally blow me away.

Thanks again for creating suck a great app! I don't have words to express my appreciation.

Jesse

Yeah, that's the one thing

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, that's the one thing this app isn't very forgiving about, rhythm. Metronome, check... so many requests for that already, it will definitely be in the next release. As for a drum machine... probably not. I will try to put up some more downloadable drumloops, but you should really check out some of the other apps that support copy and paste for the production of drumtracks. For instance, Instant Drummer from Sonoma Wireworks, or even things like BeatMaker, etc.

I don't know if you have a Mac or not, but the Apple Loops that come with GarageBand are really pretty good, and you can upload any of those you want into TJ. Just grab them at /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/

As mentioned on another thread, an arpeggiator might make it in along with chording features in a future release.

sluz

Thanks! "Chording Features?!

Post by sluz »

Thanks!

"Chording Features?! - That would be amazing! Have you heard of a Ableton Live plugin called the Schwartzonator?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfvzTivVLg

It's a pretty amazing type of idea. I can easily visualize something that provides a similar type of functionality being integrated into this app.

If I could easily improvise while playing chords that naturally fit together - I would never set my phone down.

Please keep up the great work!

sluz

One of my problems with

Post by sluz »

One of my problems with creating a loop is simple clumsiness.

A few times I though I had the drum loop nailed but then I missed the "Finish Record" button and dead air got added to the clip.

Can the stop button be made a little bigger?

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Another one of my problems is I like to share. I feel compelled to show people this app and let them play with it.

However - I let my kid play with my phone for a few seconds and he immediately started messing with the settings. "Noooooo!!!

One of my coworkers did the exact same thing. Now I think twice and need to set some ground rules before I hand someone my phone.

Some sort of "Reset" button or "Save Current Settings" functionality would put my mind at ease when allowing my kid or my friends play.